Thursday, July 06, 2006

Scrawnier Patriot Rot

I've posted about this before on my blog and a half dozen others, but I'm bringing it up again so that those who haven't read it before, will have a point of reference. I had a blogging engine before this one and let's just say that the other blogging engine makes Blogger look as reliable and accurate as a Swiss timepiece. Not to mention there was almost no traffic on that thing, three or four bloggers posted on it in that blog's entire history. One of them being, Canadian author Neinke Hilton.

I just clicked an old link to her blog
http://number1.bravejournal.com/
and she left her engine for Blogger too.
http://nienkehinton.blogspot.com/

She has a link to "Sternest Meanings"

http://www.sternestmeanings.com/talk/talk
A site that will take a sentence and turn it into an anagram. For example, "Write Procrastinator" becomes "Scrawnier Patriot Rot." Yeah, that'll bring me back to that site.

At any rate, give it a try and maybe you'll come up with something less irritating.

P.S. I just got these: Xbox Three Sixty? "The sexy Trix box." Nintendo GameCube? "A big denouncement." Honda Civic Ex? "Hi! Convex acid." Bluetooth technology? "Tetchy bunghole to loo."

11 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

webuser: A Cup of Coffey
sternest: Coo! Puffy cafe.

Thu Jul 06, 06:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Jeez, you got off lucky! You sound like some cool boho cafe in Amsterdam.

Thu Jul 06, 10:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

Yeah, but when I dropped the "A", I got:

webuser: cup of coffey
sternest: Occupy feoff

I want my feoff left alone, dammit.

Fri Jul 07, 03:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger haahnster said...

Cool! Just wandered in from Beth's blog...

"Haahnster's Hallucinations" became "Shhh! An unsocial tantaliser"

"Haahnster" became "Harsh neat"

I'm sold.

Fri Jul 07, 08:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger is that so wrong? said...

"is that so wrong" = "warts soothing".

Gross. I reject this game.

Fri Jul 07, 01:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

"I want my feoff left alone, dammit."

Bring Ted Koppel out retirement!
Ted: And it's dayyy two, of the Occupation of the Feoff. President Bush once again is at odds at whether to send in U.S. troops or give the invading army, aid.

Haahnster,

Welcome "Harsh Neat!"

"Shhh! An unsocial tantaliser"
That was half my high school, man.

ITSW,

Hey, be like me and try anything but your name.

"New York University" becomes "Ruin wonky severity."

"Arrested Development" becomes "Marveled not pestered." See?

Fri Jul 07, 01:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger wcdixon said...

uninflected images juxtaposed
became:

adjusted if unexceptional gems

OR

sexed up as fictional judgement


Dan Brown would be proud.

Sat Jul 08, 11:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Welcome Mr. Dixon,

Nice blog name and I see you've escaped the unintended snark of Sternest Meanings.

Sat Jul 08, 01:08:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pen name, Charles Edward, became Search Dawdler. Pretty descriptive actually.

Mon Jul 10, 12:09:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Writeprocrastinator!
For someone who sarcastically says they won't go back to Sternest, you sure went back a lot! LOL

Looks like you and your commenters had a lot more fun with it too!

Nice to see you around!

Wed Jul 12, 09:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Welcome Chuck E,

"Search Dawdler?" "Write Procrastinator?" We're practically related!

Welcome Nienke!

I hope your book is ready for printing and submission. I haven't had the chance to look over the older posts to find out, but I will soon.

Yes, I've been over to Sternest too many times. I love it as a concept, despite what it does the blog handle.

Thu Jul 13, 10:43:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home