Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It...

Bangkok shocks, Gizmo rocks!

Okay, nobody this side of Kerrang Magazine got that one. Gizmo has a "song of the day" at the bottom of each of her posts...
http://aboxofnothing.blogspot.com/

Here's my thing, I have a song on my iPod that I could literally listen to it the entire day. Not every day, but twenty-four hours straight and not get sick of it. Unfortunately I cannot tell you just what that song is, as I covet it just like Fisher Stevens did Michelle Pfeiffer when he was married to her.

I hope to use it in a soundtrack and the fact that I won't tell anybody this side of my wife what the song is ridiculous because:

A) I would have to become a successful screenwriter.
B) I would also have to become a successful director or producer to get the studio to take me halfway serious.
C) The studio would have to want to buy the rights to it and not be tempted to have some lesser new group remake it.
D) The record company that owns the rights would not have to charge a fortune, even though they knew that both the studio and I wanted the song.
E) The heirs to the songwriter's estate would not ask for a fortune and would let me use the song without being offended by the script.

So mathematically, I stand a better chance of being elected to the House of Representatives or winning five out of six in the Super Lotto. That doesn't mean that you don't wants the precious, so you cannot have the precious!

Ahem...anyway, your mission should you choose to accept it, is to tell me what song would you listen to over and over again on your iPod (for eight hours straight as opposed to twenty-four a.k.a. "The Hoochie Amendment").

Why is is that you can listen only to one song? I don't know, your hands are covered in tar or fish sauce and you don't want to get it dirty? The thing is broke or stuck? It's frozen in ice? Figure out your own scenario.

Good luck and this blog will cease to exist in the mind of a mercurial French existentialist in five seconds.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no song on Earth that I wouldn't grow tired of hearing after listening to it 24/7. I'd even learn to hate opera if I had to listen to it that much.

Thu May 25, 10:07:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel...

Fri May 26, 05:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Hoochie,

Okay, I'll condense it from twenty-four hours.

Quill,

Damn, that's deep. I don't know if I could listen to that more than three times in a day, maybe "Bridge Over Troubled Water" instead. That was more Garfunkel though, and I prefer Simon singing lead if I had to listen to them repeatedly.

Fri May 26, 06:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger writergurl said...

There is no song that I listen to over and over, not even for an hour. Hell, I can't even stand to read a book twice and will rarely even see a movie more than once if I'm not researching the genre.

No, I don't havd ADD. I just get bored quickly.

Fri May 26, 11:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

I will rarely read a book or see a movie twice within a three year period, but I know from your blog that you've listened to a song twice in an hour from your club days (though obviously not by choice).

Fri May 26, 11:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger is that so wrong? said...

"I Know You Are But What Am I?" by Mogwai.... hands down. Maybe it helps that it's all instrumental.

Sat May 27, 10:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"Maybe it helps that it's all instrumental."

I haven't heard Mogwai, but I figured that if anybody answered this post that it would be an instrumental. Especially in the digital age where you can hear different instrumetnal tracks (as well as vocal) that were barely audible with headphones in the analog age.

Sun May 28, 01:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jenna said...

"New English" by Ambulance Ltd. (Click and listen!) Sure, I'd probably go nuts after 8 or 24 hours, but I listen to it a heck of a lot as it is.

Tue May 30, 12:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Gizmo,

I like it, it's very catchy. It's kind of like "Wonderwall" (only the vocalist of Ambulance can stay in tune) and parts that sound like "6 Underground." Sweet and it stayed in my head for about twenty minutes.

ITSW,

The sample of on Towerrecords.com of "I Know You Are But What Am I" reminds me of "Virgin Suicides Soundtrack."

Tue May 30, 08:05:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home