Monday, November 26, 2007

Procrastinators Can't Be Choosers

So like I said before, I have to go to another work site to have any Internet access at all.

The browser that is installed here is cumbersome and inefficient on purpose, because technically we can't have Internet access outside of the company offices (all the better to monitor you, my dear). I can't create hyperlinks unless I can remember the URL by heart, because URL's aren't visible at all on this browser.

I can't go "Back" or "Forward." As "Refresh," "Home," and "Preview" are the only choices available. The "Backspace" button doesn't work which is a huge pain in the ass for someone who likes to correct their typing by backspacing. The company page comes up at the inopportune times and you have to click "Ctrl," "Alt" and "Esc" simultaneously to get rid of it.

My company searches the Internet for any mention of it, where our spokesperson sends emails to dissuade anyone from trying anything on the company's property relating to flash mobs or protests. Conversely, I don't trust them to have the best f*r*w*ll and such, so I don't want to answer or even access my email, lest it be compromised or the company start sniffing around in my business.

On the bright side, here I am and the family had an excellent Thanksgiving. I hope you all had the same.

4 Comments:

Blogger chelene said...

Wow, I thought my place was bad when they finally blocked Blogger.

I can't imagine not having a working backspace button! I wouldn't be able to function without it. I feel your pain.

Mon Nov 26, 06:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey belated happy Thanksgiving!

Stupid companies, with their limited internet access and monitoring of work output. Sheesh.

Wed Nov 28, 05:04:00 AM PST  
Blogger deadspot said...

That whole "sniffing around in my business" thing is why I don't like dogs.

Wed Nov 28, 06:43:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chelene,

I would've lost it if they blocked blogger. As far as not having a "Back" button, you adapt, though it is a pain in the keister having to go to other people's pages just to get to your own blog.

Bubs,

Thanks and same to you. Yeah, pretentious rat bastards, eh? At my company, nothing makes us more productive, though they love to stick it to us whenever they can.

Spot,

Yeah, uh, "dogs" or a certain word for dogs.

Wed Nov 28, 07:31:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home