Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tune In Tomorrow

Maria
I've just met a girl named Maria

Um, no, actually her name was
Beth and let me just say, that she is a true Southern treasure and a real delight to talk to. I'll fill you all in tomorrow.

But in the meantime, here is a picture of me having to struggle my way through the boosters of a certain university that was in town. They were particularly tenacious, dragging their knuckles as they wont to do. I had the misfortune of trying to cross their pillaging of Downtown San Francisco and I almost didn't get to meet Ms. Coffey.





So I have to get some sleep, else I will not just be singing Zevon's "I'll Sleep When I Die," but actually living out the song.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

O Lucky Man! I'm glad you weren't thwarted on your quest and can't wait to read your 'review' of your cup of coffey.

Sat Nov 10, 04:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

I love that youse hooked up! two of my faveykins bloggers. can't wait to hear all about it. spill, child, spill.

Sat Nov 10, 01:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger chelene said...

Can't wait to hear the details. I'm sure Beth is as great as I imagine!

Sat Nov 10, 07:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

I'm lucky that Beth is a patient lass.

Katie-lah,

I know your ears were burning, I have to explain why you won't come up to see us and you are in the same state ; )

Chelene,

More so, she's a real treat.

Sat Nov 10, 10:23:00 PM PST  
Blogger quin browne said...

southern women are the best.

woot on the meeting.

Sun Nov 11, 10:12:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quin,

I guess they are, my paternal grandmother was one.

Mon Nov 12, 12:23:00 AM PST  
Blogger Cup said...

I love that you went to sleep singing Zevon. I had such a good time; thanks for being patient!

Those USC folks were a bit obnoxious, weren't they? Made me feel like I was on the University of Georgia campus.

Your grandma is a Southerner? We must chat.

Mon Nov 12, 11:28:00 AM PST  
Blogger James said...

Man, sounds like a great visit. It kind of made me think...I need to travel more often. San Francisco is on my list of places to go...

Love that restaurant too.

Tue Nov 13, 06:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

"Patient?" Who was patient? You weren't trying, everyone else was.

I'm one generation removed from Columbia, S.C.

James,

It is a nice restaurant, despite the jerk. You should swing out here and check it out.

Tue Nov 13, 08:57:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home