Tuesday, January 31, 2006

You can't be a dilettante with the Internet before you

Let me stress this, I still know more about football, though.

So I sez to the Missus, to the Missus I sez, "he is 'Procrastinator, the Younger' and I am 'Procrastinator, the Elder."

Right? "Since he technically isn't a 'Jr.' if I split hairs and I'm playing on 'Pliny, the Elder' who did the painting of 'The Tower of Babel' that is represented in that completed jigsaw puzzle in the lobby of my doctor's office."

She says, "no, that's a Bosch painting."

I say, "no, it's Pliny and I'll settle this because I have Google right here." It turns out that it's "Brueghel the Elder" http://www.answers.com/topic/pieter-brueghel-the-elder
who definitely had a Bosch influence as they were both contemporaries and acquaintences. Of course, I'm off by centuries as Pliny was not of the Renaissance, but of the Roman Empire during the age of Christ http://www.livius.org/pi-pm/pliny/pliny_e.html

So you cannot be a dilettante with the Internet at your fingertips, just a shade above that lowly status unless you have to run off to work.

So who is the all time leader in touchdowns in the NFL, Mrs. Smart "Missus?" Huh? Huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home