Thursday, January 12, 2006

R.M.B.A.S. #2

Picture one of those Frank Frazetta paintings. You know, like the one that has Conan fighting off three-score of vikings or barbarians? He’s at the top of the pile and he just barely has the upper-hand as it seems the horde is on the verge of engulfing him? Yeah, well, go to the Costco in San Francisco and I’m Conan.

Against my wishes, the Missus bought a pepper-grinder from said store that’s smaller than the one in restaurants but only just. I hate to see food go to waste so to forewarn all the neighbors, don’t be surprised when you’re having dinner and you see me standing over you. You will get fresh pepper in your salad whether you want it or not.

Harvest
Home http://harvesthome.blogspot.com/ stirred up a pseudo-zen koan in my head because I've never heard of "Moving Men Furniture Sliders" though I don't doubt her for a second that they actually exist.

So if something isn't actually seen on TV, is it actually "as seen on TV?"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

But the real question is: What kind of pepper grinder is it? The battery-operated one with the light (so you can pepper your salad in the dark)? Or one of those big wooden ones that you have to operate manually?

Makes me think of an old SNL skit... "You like a the pepper? I'll give you the pepper!"

Fri Jan 13, 05:33:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

A plastic "Kirkland Tellicherry Pepper Grinder 6.3oz." Just a shade smaller than a wine bottle and we ditched the electric grinder we had years ago because it went through more batteries than pepper.

""You like a the pepper? I'll give you the pepper!"

You got to give me which season, I haven't watched many episodes since Michael Myers left. Was that a variation of "you like-a da juice?"

Fri Jan 13, 09:09:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home