Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'll Take Blogpourri For $500, Alex...

"What is 'video crack,' Alex?"

Sorry I've been away from the Internet, I was too busy conquering early 3rd century China. I've traded one addictive behaviour for another and this one requires entire too much time. I've had to build fortifications, set fire to enemy bases, ride across the fields cutting a path of destruction to rival that of Genghis Kahn, etc...

"Dynasty Warriors 5, Empires."


It's a hack n' slash/fighter/strategy/RPG with combo moves easy enough for a klutz like me to pull off. The cool part is when you vanquish an opposing general or a lieutenant, they turn into power up icons. Most of the time, they turn into "char siu bau," or "pork buns" in English.

"What is 'indifference,' Alex?"

Did you see that? The "Loot Fairy" bit was my 150th post, one-five-oh! Aren't you excited? Hmm?

Oh, wait, no, oh, excuse me. That wasn't excitement. Indian food and soda, deadly combination.

"What is 'Zidane giveth, Zidane taketh away?"

It pains me that it came down to that, but all you French fans can't be mad at the guy because he won another cup for you almost single-handedly. Everyone can say that the officiating was atrocious and they would be 100% correct.

It's simple, barring instant replay which isn't going to happen and can lead to more errors, you should have a stationary offical just to either side of the net. That way you don't have the referee in the constant trailing position and out of position to judge whether someone is off-sides and a whole lot less flops from fakers trying to draw a foul.

"What is the most beautiful thing in the world?"

La Coppia del Mondo en Roma!

"What is 'tapped out like a keg at a frat party?"

That would be me. I still have something like four territories remaining, but I have all of the south, the interior, and Bejing under my command. I have many miles to go, something like ten responses for the blog to respond to, there's sleep to be had somewhere, warlords to turn into dim sum, and I have my Elwood Brothers sunglasses on.

Not quite "a mission from God," more like a mission from odd.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

my god, you have been busy, haven't you! I think you should give the north korean dipshit a run for his money, too!

Thu Jul 13, 10:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

Unlike the real world, the game's characters can be reasoned with and they follow both logic and decorum.

Thu Jul 13, 10:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

god, we do love our write procrastinator, don't we!!! you are dry as a bone.

Thu Jul 13, 03:31:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home