Monday, May 05, 2008

The Inquistion: Meme Style

I should've known that if Beth visits twice in a day, I'll be tagged. Pagan Sphinx tagged her and she's gone Torquemada on me.


Ten Years Ago

I was still trying to get the first screenplay out written and Junior was a tornado. Now I'm trying to get enough stories together for my first anthology and Junior is a hurricane.

Five Things on Today’s To-do List

1) Sleep (screwed that one up, major)
2) Get bills paid (likewise)
3) Go food shopping (success!)
4) Finish the short story that was started last night (screwed that off for this meme)
5) Get into the Facebook Top Ten Thousand in Movie Trivia (screwed that off for this meme)

Wow, a rousing triumph all the way around and that's why I am so productive.

If I Were a Billionaire

1) Travel and you are coming with me. If I'm in the billions, we're going "Ugly American" all the way.
2) Charity Bingo. I'd take up the slack where Scheisse-negger has dropped the ball. Sports, instruments and books for the schools.
3) But the San Francisco charities would come first. Charities to many to mention and I won't mention them because they send me enough letters as is.
4) A McMansion on both coasts.
5) Housing for the family.

Three Bad Habits

1) Have you read the name of this blog?
2) I'm a flake when it comes to keeping up with you. I owe Beth emails, John an essay read, Princess Ladybug emails, must I go on?
3) Pissing people off. It's what I do best, ask around...then watch the steam come out of people's ears.

Five Places I’ve Lived

1) San Francisco. I've left and came back.
2) A suburb east of San Francisco that doesn't even deserve to be mentioned on my blog because they all can s**k it.
3) Parma, Italy
4) Venice, Italy
5) Sant'Eufemia d'Aspromonte, Italy (well, technically I just stayed there for a little less than a month)

Five Jobs I’ve Had

1) Roadie. Basically because I didn't have a driver's license and was home on most nights, a friend of mine would get me little gigs where I moved cases here and there. Don't ask me to set your amps or your drum kit up, I was the guy that fetched duct tape and carried cases from the van or truck.
2) Worked at a garden center and I didn't study my horticulture like I was supposed to. I did a lousy job of faking it.
3) Caterer. As in, I carry the trays out and you make that nasty face when you don't recognize a food. You don't know how annoying that is and it's even more annoying when you see it a fifty times a night.
4) Bagger at a grocery store.
5) Checker at a grocery store.

I’m Tagging

Quin (who I've just added, because she's back on the web)
Gifted Typist
Johnny Dollars
Tanya Espanya (when she wants to return).
Dale
Katie

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

You're getting smarter in your old age.

Mon May 05, 07:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becky,

You have no idea how much smarter I've become. I've mastered "in draft" and come January 1st, 2009, I will be tagging you until 3001. Enjoy my new found intelligence ; )

Mon May 05, 07:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mine is up and maybe to heavy handed (as usual). You caught me at an obnoxious moment.

JDC

Mon May 05, 09:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Joe said...

You were a roadie? That's cool!

Tue May 06, 12:06:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Johnny Dollars,

I thought your answers were outstanding.

Bubs,

Only in the loosest sense of that definition. I didn't get to travel further than Palo Alto (a suburb south of S.F. on the Peninsula) and no groupies partook of me (or vice-versa).

I did get to meet Paul Carmassi (the cousin of Heart/Montrose drummer Denny Carmassi), Joe Satriani (but his music sucked back then), Ronnie Montrose, and Johnny Gunn, who co-wrote some tunes for Eddie Money.

Tue May 06, 07:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Gifted Typist said...

Verrrry interesting WP.
I will put my thinking cap on

Tue May 06, 08:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i love meme answers! little insights into people's brains!

Tue May 06, 10:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

I think you should rename this blog The Cool Write Procrastinator.

Sorry to pull you away from short stories ... movie trivia ... and a nap.

Tue May 06, 02:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Gifted,

Looking forward to it.

Angel,

Don't look inside my mind, you'll be depressed for months.

Beth,

You didn't pull me away from the nap, that's me wanting to tag people before it's too late and you didn't drag me away from anything that I wasn't putting off doing in the first place.

Tue May 06, 08:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Don't look inside my mind, you'll be depressed for months."

Last time I did that I lost my keys.

Damn it.

JDC

Tue May 06, 08:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Johnny Dollars,

Now that explains the jangling and the rattling.

Tue May 06, 09:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

Kick ass meem, kid.

Self depricating enough?!

"Ugly American", so funny. PS: I qualify. I want in.

Will do my meem tonight and such a festive meem it is.

How did you like living in It-leee?

Thu May 08, 12:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

I loved Italy.

"Self depricating enough?!"

Nah...not nearly enough.

I look forward to your meem and we will invade different countries together, as soon Procrastinator Junior varies his diet enough. I want to bring twenty Americans over at a time, until the local embassy or consulate kicks us all up out of there.

Thu May 08, 04:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dale said...

I'm thinking of changing my name to Read and Write Blog and Do Memes Procrastinator, you won't mind will you? It's an homage, that's all.

Thank you for including me in your travel plans. I won't be a bother, okay, I will but I'll apologize a lot.

Fri May 09, 04:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

"I'm thinking of changing my name to Read and Write Blog and Do Memes Procrastinator, you won't mind will you? It's an homage, that's all."

I'm sorry, what?

Everytime I see the word homage, it makes me think of frottage and I'm sure it's no coincidence that they rhyme in French.

"Thank you for including me in your travel plans. I won't be a bother, okay, I will but I'll apologize a lot."

I would enjoy your wit and your company immensely and you are certainly the invited list, though I wonder if you could be an "ugly American." Could you be both loud and boisterous? Could you "ugly" it up?

Fri May 09, 08:06:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

"I won't be a bother, okay, I will but I'll apologize a lot. "
"Could you be both loud and boisterous? Could you "ugly" it up?"

For some reason both comments remind me of sex.

JDC

Fri May 09, 08:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Editor JDC,

Dang, you missed your calling! You would've made an excellent tabloid editor ; )

Fri May 09, 05:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger quin browne said...

i LOVE this one, and yes, i'll do it.


let me digest the body weight of seafood i ate.

Sat May 10, 10:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger quin browne said...

ps katie and i have bonded thyroids

Sat May 10, 10:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quin,

I would have to stay out of Louisiana, we don't have decent crawfish, mufflettas or po'boys here and my weight is so much lighter for that.

"ps katie and i have bonded thyroids"

You two should also bond over writing and the fact that you both know a certain procrastinating bastard that rarely emails back.

Sat May 10, 11:47:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home