Thursday, June 05, 2008

Liz Hickok Is A Goddess

Do you create entire cities? Entire worlds? No, face it, you're not Liz Hickok. Even The All Mighty is just a little green and he wonders just how does she?...



Well thanks to Current TV, you can see just how she does it (click the purple, kids, it's a link).



Not only that, Liz has a show coming up. She sent this missive (via an irritable cherub, but what can you do? She is too busy creating, to police the occasional malcontent angel)
I wanted to let you all know about a couple new things that are happening. First, if you are in the area, I am participating in a show at the San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art, headed up by the art duo Ligorano/Reese. The opening is this Friday, June 6, starting at 6 pm and going until late. It is part of San Jose's "First Friday" happenings, which are really fun. The show info is below. I hope to see you there!
Crater Bay Area
with a Lunar Drawing Contest
By Ligorano/Reese

Featuring Moon Colony Artists:
Leeza Doreian, Renee Gertler, Liz Hickok, Ben Hunt, Julie Jacobson,
Jessica Martin, Jessica Miller, Tony May, Mark Fox-Morgan, Shelby Smith,
Carson Murdoch, David Middlebrook
San Jose ICA
560 South First Street, San Jose
tel. 408 283-8155
May 30 - August 2, 2008
Opening Reception and Block Party:
First Friday, June 6, 6PM - late
There's more information at:
Now pardon me folks, I have to find a paintball gun, as I'm being buzzed by cherub with an overactive bladder.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Some Guy said...

That is some cool stuff!

Fri Jun 06, 06:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chris,

Isn't it? Please, howz about throwing up a link to the vid?

Fri Jun 06, 08:28:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

She really is a jello artist. How incredible. Her work is amazing. I loved that video. You've actually posted quite a few of her pieces on WP and I've enjoyed them all. I wish I could see her work live and in person. Maybe the next time I'm in the Bay Area, she'll have a show.

Fri Jun 06, 05:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

I hope she comes to L.A. before you have to come up here unless it's for LitQuake (our lit fest). She has already done a show in Arizona.

Sat Jun 07, 09:18:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home