Friday, November 04, 2005

Aural Wrecks

I'm sorry, I can't help it.

I make Thai people grimace and shudder.

I'm sorry, I mean well.

I drive Vietnamese into apoplectic rages until they wail and tear chunks of hair from their scalps.

It's never been my intention to bring pain to anyone, I'm trying to apologize.

The most tranquil Burmese are goaded into full-on psychosis until they grab a fork or sharpen a chopstick and charge me.

Please hear my pleas for forgiveness...







I'm sorry. I won't try to speak your language anymore when ordering and I'll just use the number corresponding to the desired dish.

2 Comments:

Blogger slurp! said...

strange, i haven't got any real comunications issues with them yet.

Mon Nov 21, 08:28:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"strange, i haven't got any real comunications issues with them yet."

I don't know. It seems the way I say "moo pad ma kuer" or "bo xao ca tim" in my unintentional mangled way? It somehow comes out as an insult to their mother and all of their ancestors : (

Mon Nov 21, 09:01:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home