Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Don't That Just Say It All...



Writer's Quote of the Week

"Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs."

-Christopher Hampton

this was snagged from
http://www.crimeandsuspense.com/

This isn't my sentiment for the people that have read my work, every criticism that I've received has had a whole lot of truth in one way or another, behind it. There's only one piece of work that I am completely attached to and consider to be my magnum opus. No one has read that so far except my wife.

I agree with this sentiment in that when you go to a particular movie or read an outstanding novel where you can literally see the heart and soul put into the work, only to later see a critic dismiss it with a mere wave. It is far easier to tear a house down than to build or design it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ScriptWeaver said...

Hey WP!

Can I just say I love my link? Luuuuuv it. Rabbits... classic.

Wed Nov 23, 04:16:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Hey SW, thanks for stopping by and dude, your picture should be next to the definition of "prolific" in the Merriam-Webster's online dictionary.

And you placing in the Top 100 of the Screenwriter Dig Contest shows that your quality is catching up too.

Thu Nov 24, 11:10:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home