Thursday, February 02, 2006

WHAT Is That Smell?

This maybe as political as I get on my blog for awhile, but I can link a noxious weed to a tabloid
in about eight paragraphs and one line from a song.

Well, there's no use crying over spilled milk and not only has this milk spilled, but it has curdled as well. It's rancid even. Still, listen to me bawl...

Oooh-oooh that smell, the smell of death around you

Not quite what Skynard had in mind when they wrote that song.

Three more Americans have lost their lives this morning over fictitious weapons of crass destruction while Iran gears it up for real and we posture. Alito is the final piece to a jigsaw puzzle of a black boot nightmare, we wiretap any college student that eats granola and the real terrorists kick back in Pakistan without any fear of reprisal. Scores of Louisianans are being buried in anonymous graves because they'll never be able to identify them and the Federal Government still points fingers at the Mayor of New Orleans, claiming he never asked for any help. What the hell form in triplicate did he have to send to D.C, when you could turn on even Fox News to see those people go without food and water?

Wow, these bureaucratic monsters are far worse than something out of a Terry Gilliam movie, people. They've had any semblance of empathy surgically removed and Gilliam patterned his after European bureaucrats who scare even the I.R.S. Because unlike anyone in North America, they have no accountability because they cannot be fired. Ever. Speaking of zero accountability, got oil company profits?

Florida and Ohio aside, President Shrub was elected somehow and yet, no one I know of outside of one of my brothers-in-law will admit to voting for him in 2004. Though on this coast, my friend Mr. C and I haven't talked politics, or much of anything in the last two years, and I imagine he voted along the party line with his right hand just like I've voted the party line with my left (ugh, Dukakis still doesn't wash off!).

My point is this and I'm not dredging up how he got elected per se, I'm just saying that we're stuck with a guy that makes Hoover look like F.D.R. or Eisenhower in comparison, depending on your party preference. Yet, again I stress, only one person I know has openly admitted to voting for the Shrub in 2004 and I know a lot more conservatives than most liberals and moderates north of Orange County, California, do.

No one at work besides the folks that gossip will admit outright that they buy tabloids, yet companies manage to sell millions upon millions of the rags. And yes, I've actually seen them outside of hair salons and supermarket checkstands.

So the question I ask you, is the Shrub the tabloid equivalent of President? Somebody buys them damn things and someone voted his ass in there twice. Only you're not stuck with a particularly noxious issue of The Enquirer featuring Benifer-brittanykfed-bradgelina-judelawnanny over and over again until January 2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home