Saturday, March 04, 2006

"Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo"

So in an effort to be a better than average parent, I watch everything on TV that Procrastinator Jr. watches to make sure that it is appropriate and to explain any questions he might have, if I can. This is not the easiest thing, I barely survived "Barney" during the early years and those hours in our lives are lost and we can never get them back (cur-sed purple s***head!).

I tried to steer him away from the more mundane or inappropriate programming (again, cur-sed purple s***head!) and I've mostly succeeded. Then, there are the shows that as a parent, I can't quite justify as to why he cannot watch them.



This one show, "Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo,"
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/all_shows/index.html?state_show=bobobobobobobo
defies description. It is not particularly violent and there are no more drag or adult references than say, "The Fairly Odd Parents" or "SpongeBob SquarePants (sp)." So I let him watch it, though to say this cartoon is surrealistic is not even close. I mean, this show makes Salvador Dali look like Norman Rockwell.

The cat has a full-on, three foot blonde afro and he wears a blouse. You say, "so what Procrastinator? Every city has one of those." Yeah, well, he battles his opponents with two nose hairs that know karate and the hairs extend to several yards. When they fail, he baffles his opponents with bullsh*t and surrealism that would make Buggs Bunny do a double-take.

I mean, here are some of the quotes from the show on the IMDB and they barely scratch the surface
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0450373/quotes

I tell you what, do you have a friend or family member on drugs? Let them get nice and high. Make sure they are nice and comfortable. Then turn the TV on and drop this show on their addled brains. I guarantee it will scare them straight.

Hazelton, along with all the other rehab clinics and places should show this carton night and day because this would win the war on drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home