Monday, May 29, 2006

Here Kitty-Kitty?

Tap into my conscious stream and be amazed or amused or confused. You're forewarned, fivewarned even, Snagglepuss and to the cat people? This is all dialogue and no kitties were hurt in the posting of this blog or in the snatches of dialogue...

So, I was flipping through the channels this fine Memorial Day that isn't actually Memorial Day but the day we're all going to take it off (the holiday that is), only I had last night off as Memorial Day. Anyway I'm going through the channels and there's Paula Deen munching on spare ribs, and her son feeds some desert that has Snickers and something else in it, only I can't hear what it is because the Missus is calling it gross in a not-quite indoor voice.

So Paula does a voiceover as they show a collage of all the places that she has visited and the food that she has sampled in this particular episode. Dang, there's a shot of some good Texas beef brisket in the oven and I lament to the Missus that that is the one thing that we don't have in San Francisco, but you swing a cat in Texas and you will hit good brisket.

The Missus sez, "no, no swinging cats. No harming cats. S---- (her boss) is always talking about running around like a cat shot in the ass and I'm tired of it. L---- another boss, said to me the other day, 'where's S----?' I told him that according to S-----, he's running around like a cat that just got shot in the ass. L---- said, 'why would anybody say that? That's just like who came up with that expression that there's more than one way to skin a cat? Why would anyone in their right mind want to skin a cat?' I said, great, while your skinning cats, S---- is running around shooting them in the butt."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home