Saturday, September 09, 2006

What did G & O say about "grammatical?"

Write Procrastinator is a grammatical perv, because...

A) He never met an ellipses, that he didn't like.
B) He freely mingles tenses in his stories, then doesn't correct them for days...if at all.
C) Where, he, puts, commas, is just plain, wrong.

At some point, I will have to repent and read "Elements of Style" cover to cover...four or five times. Writing is not like music in that a musician can get away with not knowing how to read music, but I writer should know the fundamentals, public school "edumacatshun," or not.

Coming up sometime this weekend, my 200th post. It will either be useless Procrastinator trivia, or I will finally be able to handle the curve ball that
JJ threw at me. "Sick with a ph," indeed. More like wicked with a "d-a-m-n."

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger chelene said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm very familiar with A, B, and especially C. Giz recommended a good book that I'm going to pick up on my next trip to the bookstore.

Sat Sep 09, 02:05:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commas rock.

Sat Sep 09, 06:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Welcome Chelene,

Was Gizmo talking about "Eats, Shoots And Leaves?"

Hoochie,

"Commas rock."

Then that would make me tone-deaf.

Sat Sep 09, 09:11:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

I love grammar and punctuation. Get hot over word usage. I embrace my nerd self.

Sun Sep 10, 06:14:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"I love grammar and punctuation. Get hot over word usage. I embrace my nerd self."

Show me how, sister, show me how.

Sun Sep 10, 08:58:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home