Thursday, October 26, 2006

Five Things You Don't Know About Me

I wasn't going to post on the blog, because I was still smarting from how my "Fifty Food" list went over like Mel Gibson giving a speech at the Knesset. But when my best online friend tags me, I have to respond because she's had my back, through Internet thick and thin.

Five Things You Don't Know About Me

1) I was in a TV commercial when I was a child. It was a PSA (Public Service Announcement) and I didn't get paid a dime. I did the day off from school, I did get food and I got to hang out in this
park. I filmed that when I was six and everywhere I went in the San Francisco Bay Area for the next eleven years, people would call me the same name as a character in that ad.

Did I mention that I didn't get paid? Because everyone was sure upset about that and they were determined that I should've been too. You think I'm kidding when I say everyone? Okay, not everyone, just every one out of three kids that saw the damn ad, then other two would laugh or make an equally smart ass remark. I shit thee not.

The experience was so negative that if I do become a successful writer or screenwriter, I will make J.D. Salinger look like an attention whore in comparison. The next to last time I saw the ad was in Jersey back in 1980, during my first trip Back East...ugh, enough. Next...

2) You wouldn't know it by reading my blog, but I'm an introvert...painfully so. Being a parent has helped me come out of my shell and for better or for worse, it's forced me to socialize. If I get angry enough or happy enough, this will override my shyness switch. The Missus is my security blanket when I'm in a new enviroment and if we're split up (like at parties), you will get more of a conversation out of Easter Island head statue.

3) On top of my head, I am almost bald right down the middle. It's as if God himself played golf on my head and he used my scalp to tee off, then he didn't bother to replace the divot. And who am I to say anything to the Almighty? I wear a top knot, warrior-style circa ancient China and while it doesn't look quite right, it's not Donald Trump bad.

4) Even though I'm a registered Democrat, I will buck the party line and vote Independent or Green. I voted Green four times. Once for Matt Gonzalez as a supervisor, and twice again, during the mayoral election and the runoff. Also I voted for his sucessor as supervisor, Ross Mirkarimi. They've always responded to my emails, they understand what a consensus is and they understand pothole politics.


5) In a past lifetime, I wasn't a king, a knight, a samurai, a successful writer, or anyone remotely famous, or rich. I was an ordinary man, that lived an uneventful life, but I got everything right. Everything. Somewhere beyond that ordinary and blissful lifetime, I stumbled just before attaining Nirvana and I've been trying to get it right ever since.

Who to tag? Who to tag? I've seen this meme around, but I don't have the time to check who has done it before and who hasn't. So, bearing that in mind...

The Missus doesn't have the time, but here goes, anyway
The D.D.L, goes she likes to get meme freak on
Pooks got me good last time
Chelene, cause she throws a me curve everyday

Princess Ladybug filled hers out awhile ago, but I owe her because I ducked the open meme.

13 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Okay. did it!

Thu Oct 26, 11:00:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh dun dun DONE

Thu Oct 26, 01:25:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I never would have known you were introverted. No, I'm serious.

But I did guess that you were a Democrat.

Thu Oct 26, 01:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Quill Chick said...

I liked your 50 foods list. I knew it was a winner from the first item. Butter chicken ... mmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm always collecting recipes of it because you can never tell if what you download is like the authentic stuff you can get at these upscale restaurants. So, thanks for the link. The Missus has great taste.

Thu Oct 26, 06:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

wp, I read this earlier. I love that you did this. you are one in a million, kid.

this is such a great meme. so funny.

what is a top knot? I looked it up online but I don't think I found the right thing.

you're the best online friend a dame could have :)

Thu Oct 26, 07:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Pooks,

You're too fast!

Honey,

Somebody is not as diligently working as someone else has portrayed them >: /

D.D.L,

"But I did guess that you were a Democrat."

If I didn't know me, and I really don't sometimes, I would've read the blog and guessed that the author was a Commie-fascist.

Thu Oct 26, 08:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quill Chick,

Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad you like the recipe.

Katie,

Check out the movie "Hero," or just about any kung fu flick where the hair predates a queue. Or, picture a samurai without the shaved cutaways.

Thu Oct 26, 08:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger chelene said...

Done! I had to dig long and hard for facts that I hadn't blabbed about before.

Fri Oct 27, 12:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"Done! I had to dig long and hard for facts that I hadn't blabbed about before."

That was good stuff, except now I'll have to start checking my closet for intruders, too.

Fri Oct 27, 01:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

that is such a cool hairdo you've got workin, wp! it's so vintage it's hip. it's different from a ponytail (from what I saw) because it's worn higher on the head. it's also not tightly pulled back.

how long is your hair? it must be really long because the top knot's that I saw were SOOOOOO LONG, but all very cool lookin.

Fri Oct 27, 02:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

It's definitely vintage, though I don't wear it that long. If I pull my hair forward, it would touch my chin.

If I didn't pull it up, I'd look like a black-haired version of Mick Hucknall of Simply Red, with a thin bald stripe going down the middle.

Sat Oct 28, 06:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Fantastic list!

Sat Oct 28, 07:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Ms. Smack,

Thanks for stopping by and I dug your list, too.

Sat Oct 28, 09:17:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home