Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Short-hand Verison of Today

I woke up and took Procrastintor Junior to school. The four cars that were ahead of us took their time making a left turn and the light was about to red. In retrospect, I believe that two of the drivers were goofing with their cell phones and the end result? We were rear-ended by a Semifreddi bread truck...twice.

It was nothing major and as Procrastinator Junior later described it, "I've been hit harder riding in bumpercars." I got out and would've beat the driver for thirty minutes or so...except the kid was in the car and he needed to get to school. I cursed the driver and left it alone, because there was no damage, just aggravation. Still, I'll never knowingly eat their bread again.

Junior and I are gettin' in shape and it wasn't a New Year's Resolution behind this. It was a visit to the pediatrician, amongst other things.

I learned a new
word tonight off of somebody's blog. Of course I thought it was something naughtier and it proved not to be. Unfortunately words seldom are, despite the wrong things we do with them by taking them out of context. Dale sez let's talk about Wallace and Gromett, what do you say, people?

12 Comments:

Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Le verbe pour "vomit" en français est-il "vomir?" Isn't it?

Fri Feb 02, 09:01:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Shit, Johnny Dollars, you stumped me on that one. I have no comeback...

Um, did you know that Daniel Day Lewis turned down the role of "Aragon?"

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0120737/
trivia

Fri Feb 02, 09:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

What have you done with my friend Mrs. Tweedy? She scared the hell out of me but I love her yet. I haven't seen Wally & G. but

Sat Feb 03, 05:15:00 AM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

but what you ask? I don't know. I haven't had coffee and my brain is playing tricks on me.

Sat Feb 03, 05:16:00 AM PST  
Blogger Eric Riback said...

CHEEEEEEEEESE!

Sat Feb 03, 09:24:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Johnny Dollars,

Wouldn't that? It would've changed the dynamic considerably.

Dale,

Maybe they will favor us with an appearance.

Eric,

Finally, the only non-Mrs. Tweedy or non-Dale comment on the world's favorite fromaggists.

Sat Feb 03, 11:02:00 AM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

thank god you two are ok. oy vey a shmear.

fuck that bread!

Sat Feb 03, 11:15:00 AM PST  
Blogger chelene said...

Glad you guys weren't hurt, WP.

By the way, is Dale making sense? I can't tell.

Sat Feb 03, 02:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

Thank ya and "oy vey a shmear," indeed.

Chelene,

Just like you had to "unfocus" your eyes when viewing those 3-D posters back in the day, you have to "unfocus" your mind when Dale hasn't had his coffee. Try it and it will come to you.

Sat Feb 03, 03:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

I love 3-D. And cheese too.

Sat Feb 03, 09:02:00 PM PST  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

new words are always fun!
so- what about wallace & grommit?

Sun Feb 04, 10:31:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

Life is all about the cheese, unless you are lactose-intolerant.

Angel,

New words are fun, as are new languages.

To all,

There is a Wallace and Gromitt screenplay being written as we speak. Unfortunately the Aardman Studios burned down just after "Curse of The Were-rabbit" came out, so it's going to be about three or four years until their next full-length adventure.

I was going to post that info, but Yahoo links expire after about a month.

Sun Feb 04, 12:14:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home