Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Why Is It Gradeschool All Over Again?...

...oh yeah, because I've been tagged.



1. All right, here are the rules.2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are eight more things you don't know about me:

1) I dream about dead people. No, Haley Joe, "I don't see them." They visit me. I can liken the experience to a cameo in a film or sitcom. They appear, they talk to me directly or partake in an incidental conversation. Their appearances are brief and they don't haunt or give me ominous warnings.

2) I believe in ghosts, but I don't want to talk about it. Just as people get all wound up about religion and to what degree their faith is stronger than someone else's, I get the same way about ghosts.

3) Every time I'm almost out, Katie and Dale pull me back in. It's not that blogging is a chore so much as I have other things to do. Just as I send Katie an email about me going on hiatus, someone will tag her with a meme.

When Katie is too busy to tag me? That's when Dale takes over, though I'm not uncertain that she doesn't tip him off.

4) I don't do funerals. I am talking about casual acquaintances, whom I prefer to morn in private. This is a huge sticking point with my coworkers, as we have far too many people at my job, passing way before the prime of their lives. Of course, a lot of the people who take exception to me not attending, are the very same ones that don't want to be around me during working hours. Hmm, go figure.

5) Since we've been married, I've never spent more than seventy-two hours away from the Missus.

6) Since he's been born, I've never spent more than sixty hours away from Procrastinator Junior.

7) These types of memes are excruciating for me, as I have already revealed my quirks and oddities previously, on the blog.

8) This is not a happy meme, as my happy side went ahead on blogging hiatus and so much as sent me a postcard.

I have to tag eight, but the eight don't have to play along if they don't want.

So Legs, Beth, Chelene, Deadspot ('cause I owe him one), Amy, Angel, Chris, and last, but not least, Todd. I had Dale in here, but I didn't notice that Katie beat me to the tag. May LeeWee stalk you for the next five years, Schwartz ; P

P.S. The responses and I retagged Dale, because Katie tagged him for a different meme:

Legs, who answered two memes at once! Amy, who managed to amuse me very much, though she's lacking Bogey pics.

Somebody from the "fair and balanced coalition" gave Chris a concussion (my bet is on my Republican sister-in-law. Because of her political beliefs and the female side of the in-law's mastery of frying pans). Don't get it twisted when you read his meme, it is done with a Colbert-worthy flair.

Speaking of politicos,
Dead Spot will be our new dictator for life. Chelene shatters preconceptions of musical heroes.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

on April 12th I did a Five Things About Me meme, and you posted a comment to it, so don't know if I can come up with 8 more... as you see, I am rather boring haha... I didn't say no,let me think on it for a few days and if I get stuck for a post I'll do it

BTW, I too have not spent more than 72 hours away from my Missus since marrying in 1998, in fact the only time was exactly 72 hours two years ago when she went away on a conference...

and I believe in supernatural activity as well

and, thanks for your continuing patronage of my humble little blurb I call a blog

Wed Jun 27, 08:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Todd,

You're far from boring, I'm still trying to figure out how you got down to Oklahoma. You don't have to if you don't want, it's no biggie.

Wow, a couple just like us. I'll bet you didn't have to take too long to do the math, either.

"and I believe in supernatural activity as well"

I'll bet there is a lot over in tornado alley and...I'm not supposed to talk about this, am I?

No, thank you for dropping by, I wish I still had the screenwriting bug and could write an interesting screenwriting blog, the way you do. Julie, you and John Don are the only three screewriting blogs that I still frequent more than once a month.

Wed Jun 27, 08:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

thanx for the tag dude- i love them (yes really)- and i already got tagged with this one a while ago!
yours is very interesting... so are you going on a hiatus?

Wed Jun 27, 11:41:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

I didn't know you could change it up, I really have to start paying attention. That was nice, though I think you should give names to the dust bunnies.

If any hiatus was in effect, this blog would be the one to take a rest.

Wed Jun 27, 06:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Talk about thinking you're out and being pulled back in! You baaah-stahd.

Wed Jun 27, 07:12:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I played, but I broke the rules.

I went on hiatus and didn't even tell anyone. So, at least you're considerate. Will you send me a postcard???

Wed Jun 27, 10:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Legs,

"Talk about thinking you're out and being pulled back in!"

What part of "tagged for life" don't you understand?

"You baaah-stahd."

I'll, errr, ahhh, haaave a cup of dat, errr, ahhh, wicked chow-daah, Miss, errr, Kennedy.


Amy,

I believe there is room for broken rules and I don't mention my hiatus out of consideration, so much as I don't want people quitting the blog permanently.

"Will you send me a postcard???"

If I can find one with kitties on it for Bogey, absolutely.

Thu Jun 28, 07:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger deadspot said...

OK! OK! I played along. Now call off Blanco. He's scary.

Thu Jun 28, 01:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dale said...

Dearest Write Procrastinator,

Thank you for your recent enquiries about whether I can come out and play tag. I am considering your offer very carefully and should be able to provide an answer soon. I would also like to thank you for the blaming, I thrive on it.

Sincerely,

Dale

PS: Your random facts are fascinating and enjoyable.

Thu Jun 28, 02:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Spot,

Consider him called off and that was an excellent meme, sir. I'm just glad I wasn't working at a particular site, the night that the United States showed everyone who is the best in futbol for our continent. When Mexico played El Salvador months ago, things got a little tense.

Dale,

I don't know about "fascinating and enjoyable," I do really look forward to yours. You are the one that has all the cool show, work, and neighbor anecdotes and stories.

And yes, you and Katie are while I blog more frequently than four times a month : )

Thu Jun 28, 03:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

What's going on at your office? Whatever it is, can I borrow it?

Sat Jun 30, 07:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Coaster,

Cancer, "the big disease with the little name," appendicitis, heart-related issues, stress-related issues, and the latest? Nobody knows foer certain and the guy was on the verge of turning fifty and early retirement.

I don't think you want what my company has, though if your buddy "Dean" were to "accidentally" fall out of a window, I'd wonder how choked up people would be about it.

Sat Jun 30, 09:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

I read this meem a few days ago and I loved it. I'm also (as you well know) over the moon that you're not out. we would hate for you to break up with us, wpeaser. it would make ME a very blue jew.

Sun Jul 01, 05:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

I would not be out, this blog would be out and I would show up less at everybody else's...which is pretty much what I've been doing and nobody has noticed. Other than the meem, I've pretty much posted filler and it might be that way for a while.

Sun Jul 01, 05:31:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home