Saturday, June 09, 2007

Yet Another Meme

From Beth, via Bubs, Johnny Yen and Lulu.

Here’s what you do:
• Grab the nearest book.
• Open to page 161.
• Find the fifth full sentence.
• Post the sentence.

This will be both interesting and unknown for all of us, as I haven't gotten to this book yet...

From Roger Ebert's "Your Movie Sucks"...


"John Q's farewell to his son, is one."















Eh, then again, maybe not. At any rate, thanks Beth, Bubs, John, and Lulu. Anyone who wants to participate, feel free to do so.

P.S. Angel's came out better, as did Eric's and Bella's.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

I never saw John Q, so this little tease will no doubt keep me up all night.

Sun Jun 10, 09:05:00 AM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

done...

Sun Jun 10, 11:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

I never had an urge to see it, so maybe Ebert's essay will influence me one way or the other. I had a nice book all lined up, then when I looked at the computer again, I noticed that the meme said the nearest book.

Angel,

Nice one and that excerpt left me intrigued.

Sun Jun 10, 04:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

You are too honest, WP. I leaned over, and luckily the Sandlins were the closest at hand. But I did make a choice as to which to quote.

Mon Jun 11, 03:19:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

I'm sure either "The Best American Short Mysteries" (2005 and '06) or "Dia De Los Muertos" would've made for much better quotes, but I follow memes almost to the letter.

Mon Jun 11, 08:29:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home