Wednesday, August 01, 2007

My Son, My Conscious

Is this post, "peachy" enough?

So this is the end of "the Procrastinator Drink" in this household, as Procrastinator Junior had become increasingly upset over the bottle of Absolut Peach that was there, every time he opened the freezer. Daily, the Missus and I use the latest escapades of whichever Hollywood knucklehead is getting busted for DUI or alcohol-fueled troubles, as an example of how not to live life.

He kept bringing it up to the Missus how much the bottle sitting in the freezer upset him, yet he's never seen me touch the stuff. Eh, fair enough. I try to explain to him that I only drink it in "moderation," but he was skeptical. When he came home today from daily summer camp, I ceremoniously dumped the remnants of the peach vodka down the drain, with the caveat that I would be allowed an amaretto and orange juice the next time we fly.

He's a happy camper and me? I hope work goes much better the next few months.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

You're the best dad since Mr. Cleaver, WP.

Thu Aug 02, 03:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger chelene said...

Lovely that you did that for Junior, WP.

Thu Aug 02, 06:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

No ties on me...

> : P

Chelene,

I'm his number one role model and what doesn't help my meager thirst for the stuff, is that the certain neighbors literally fall down drunk.

Thu Aug 02, 09:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Damn, I really could have used that in my peach cosmo's, which I must say (ahem) have become the stuff of legend around our house. Next time you're overcome by an irrational need to parent properly, contact me.

And for the record, I don't have kids although I always thought that if I did I'd teach them to mix a proper cocktail so I wouldn't have to get up from the couch so often.

Fri Aug 03, 09:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Coaster,

I've never had a Cosmo, it always makes me think about "Topper" and that association just kills it.

"And for the record, I don't have kids although I always thought that if I did I'd teach them to mix a proper cocktail so I wouldn't have to get up from the couch so often."

Heh-heh-heh...

No allowance for you until you get the right amount of vermouth!

Sat Aug 04, 10:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

aaaww, you're such a sweetie!!! funny, i'm working on an alcohol related post too...

Tue Aug 07, 04:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

"aaaww, you're such a sweetie!!!"

A cranky "sweetie," sometimes...

"funny, i'm working on an alcohol related post too..."

I can believe it, the stuff is everywhere.

Wed Aug 08, 07:09:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home