Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Favorite Time Of The Year

Yes, football season is finally here! Just in time, because I have to hear just one more thing about Michael Vick, I'm knocking down some satellites. I'm a fairly hardcore football watcher, though I've toned it down considerably since Procrastinator Junior was born. I used to watch Arena League, the World League and the Pro Bowl.

Yet, The Missus? She's not so crazy about it. A couple of years ago, after I spent the day watching the morning, afternoon and night NFL games, and after spending better part of the previous day watching college games...

Me: Who's a little football widow? Who is a grumpy little football widow?

The Missus: (long pause) I didn't marry a football, so I'm not a "football widow."

What was implied by her tone, but not said, "you putz."

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Some Guy said...

This will be my first ever football season with a live-in girlfriend. She doesn't know what she's in for. I opted out of fantasy football this season to try to be somewhat accomodating.

The Pro Bowl? Seriously?

Thu Sep 06, 01:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger chelene said...

I love football but I have NEVER watched the Pro Bowl. You're hardcore.

Thu Sep 06, 06:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Oh, it's football season. So you mean my constant chanting of "Here we go Steelers, here we go..." is actually acceptable in public now?

Thu Sep 06, 07:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chris,

Ah, the things we do for love, eh?

"The Pro Bowl? Seriously?"

Yes, seriously.

Chelene,

"I love football but I have NEVER watched the Pro Bowl. You're hardcore."

I sense a theme here. It all started back in '91 when the Niners didn't make the playoffs or the Super Bowl. I had to get my Niner fix and I watched some six Pro Bowls afterward, too.

I don't even bother with it now and to think, it is the only all star game in the world of absolutely no consequence. Goddell wants to put it before the Super Bowl and there's no way in the world that the NFL Players Union will go for that, because of the injury factor.

Becky,

It's accetable in the 'Burgh, but not where you are now, where they are so baseball oriented right now that it makes me want to puke.

Thu Sep 06, 08:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger deadspot said...

I think perhaps she was implying that she couldn't be a football widow, but she could be just your average, run of the mill, garden variety widow...

Fri Sep 07, 07:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

Football bores me.

Fri Sep 07, 07:53:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Spot,

Absolutely.

Beth,

"Football bores me."

Sigh.

; )

Fri Sep 07, 08:17:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home