Saturday, May 10, 2008

As I Wait...

As I wait on a tiny bit of good news that is holding up my next post, here is something I wanted to blog about on Wednesday (courtesy of SF Metroblog)...


Zhan Whang has done my favorite city in the world up in cookware, trays, silverware and the like. An excellent version, I must say, though Zhan is no Liz Hickok.
If he really wanted to add realism, he would do my workplace up in the rancid chipped beef on toast that it is, but then no one would come to the exhibit without a gas mask on. Click the Metroblog link to find out where this is being exhibited.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

That is incredible. WOW. So beautiful.

Sat May 10, 02:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

It's amazing, isn't it? Plus, it matches our current skyline so well. I was glancing at an old ecology film on the SF City College channel and I couldn't believe you could see so much of the bay coming out of Hospital Curve. That sightline is all filled with these high rises, now.

The worst thing is that they put this skyscraper right next to the freeway when you just come in from the Bay Bridge. Nobody in permits or at Silly (sic)Hall has learned a damn thing from '89.

Sat May 10, 07:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Joe said...

Cool! That reminds me of the 1936 movie "Things to Come"

Sat May 10, 07:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Bubs,

That was a beautiful movie that went absolutely nowhere, but it was and is still, a Popular Science/Mechanics fan wet dream.

Sat May 10, 07:37:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home