Thursday, March 09, 2006

Every English Idiom Under The Sun...

...means literally, this site is hours of fun.

I was looking up the origin of an expression for a short story and I stumbled upon this treasure trove of sayings...
http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/gswithenbank/welcome.htm

Click the link and click "Diversions" on the left-hand column of the main page. Then click the scorpion icon that is right next to "Expressions & Sayings.

I'm glad I did because the one about "I've got to see a man about a dog" always bothered the hell out of me and now that I know it's origin and true meaning, it's slightly less obnoxious. I'm in geek heaven, minus the pocket-protector.

3 Comments:

Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Thanks for stopping by Marsha. I went over to your site and it's a good first effort.

Please realize that I'm not Mr. Romance (just ask the Missus) and I know even less about "slice of life" plays.

I am the last person in the world to ask about this type of genre so I really cannot assess or critique it. Still, stay with it and you'll be able to reach violence-addled people such as myself, regardless of genre.

Thu Mar 09, 07:34:00 PM PST  
Blogger Alicia said...

Oooohhh... clicking on a link named Diversions is never good. Especially for us writers who are easily diverted... :)

Sun Mar 19, 05:34:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"Diversions" is a terrible word for a writer. I hope you've checked out the site and compared some of the words in the posting on your site against the origins posted on this one.

Sun Mar 19, 08:30:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home