Thursday, June 01, 2006

Break Out The Tiny Violins

Last night was a particularly taxing and vexing night, my usual work load was quadrupled. My exception was not with the amount of work itself, but the way it was abdicated and foisted upon a coworker and me. A mace in the face kind of day, followed by a sucker punch to the plexus, if you will.

So I was looking for a little pick-me-up this morning and that just ain't happening.
Do you see "Dinner At Your Place" here?
http://www.writerstorm.com/site/?p=qfinalists

Me neither. It was good enough to make the quarter-finals in the last contest I entered it in, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it was a top-flight script and it might also suggest that the competition in this contest is that much better.

Regardless, a big congratulations to all who entered and especially to the quarter-finalists. Here's to the best for you all and all the success that will hopefully come with it. I'm not bitter or angry, I'm just sad and I wish I could be up there too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

they suck. we hate them! you should've been up there!

Thu Jun 01, 11:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

No, if it was top-shelf and meant to be, you know?

Hon,

Persistence doesn't pay the bills or cheer me up ; )

Thu Jun 01, 08:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home