Friday, June 23, 2006

Such Is Parenthood

There are certain things that you have give up when you become a parent and rightfully so. For example, if you have two mouths to feed, you shouldn't go running with the bulls in Pamplona. Conversely, you should make it a point to eat better and healthy food if you want to live to see your grandkids, let alone survive to see your kid graduate high school.

So I realize that there are some things that I wanted to do when I was younger that I pretty much have to give up for life. Things like hang gliding, base jumping, running through the Bronx with nothing on but a Red Sox cap, and wrestling in Tel Aviv under the moniker, "The Buck Wild Gentile."

Such is parenthood.

6 Comments:

Blogger Plimco said...

Ok. Did you really do that?! Run through the Bronx in nothing but a Sox cap? If so, you are officially my new hero. Dang...

Fri Jun 23, 10:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Naw, I had to give that ambition, something didn't jib about making my kid an orphan.

Fri Jun 23, 04:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Oh My Lot! said...

Dude, once in awhile whip it out (figuratively. figuratively!) and go crazy. I'm a dad, too, brother, and sometimes... eh, fuck it... I'm with you. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO US?!?

Fri Jun 23, 06:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO US?!?"

What do you mean, "us?" Don't put me in your category, Evel Crowl-nivel.

I don't brave sales representatives to get pens or take on penny-wielding old ladies at work cafeterias, your brand of bravery is lunacy ; )

Fri Jun 23, 07:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger is that so wrong? said...

On the checklist of things to do this summer in NYC, proudly donning a Red Sox cap at a Yankees game is near the top.... preferably at a game where Boston is visiting, but not necessarily.

Tue Jun 27, 12:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

You're a better man than I am, IsThatSoWrong Din.

Tue Jun 27, 09:54:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home