Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I Am David Lee, Minus The Spandex...

I haven't blogged or responded to comments because I'm a little down. It was entirely my fault...I won't go into details.

Metaphorically, let's say I have a friendship that has the same dynamic as Van Halen, Version One. I am David Lee Roth so to speak, without the outlandish wardrobe and not as coordinated...but just as flaky and mercurial. My friend of almost thirty years is like Eddie Van Halen in that she is more talented and not as tolerant of my verbal excesses and moods.

So if our friendship tracks just like band's career did, it is just like 1996 when they were on ther verge of announcing a tour and it looked like everything was going right and was about to gel. As sure as the sun rises and Dave being Dave, I automatically said the wrong thing. I cannot say or do anything right to save the reunion.

There is no "i" in team. "Pariah" is a whole 'nother matter.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

wp, no way is she more talented! different voice, sure, but more talented, no way.

I hate that you have agida. oy, bubbie. 30 years... you's two will get back to an even better place!!

Wed Jun 14, 05:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

She's been writing seriously three times as long as I have and she has three books coming out in the next two years. It's not even close, I'm an amateur in the shadow of an All-star.

Hopefully things will fall back in place.

Wed Jun 14, 07:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

no, dearie, you are an undiscovered writer. that is the only difference.

Wed Jun 14, 08:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,

No, I'm just turning the corner in comparison to somebody who has gone around the world.

Talk to me about this in fifteen years and then we will see.

Thu Jun 15, 04:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home