Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ink Seventeen or F.F.F. #44

“Hot in here, huh?”

“If I had a dollar-“

“-everytime someone says that in a sauna, you’d be a millionaire, right?”

“No, but I’d probably have enough to put a sauna in my own house and I wouldn’t have to listen to that question again.”

“Hey, sorry about that. I was just trying to make conversation…Nice ink.”

“Don’t be a dope, get lost. Let me schvitz in peace.”

“No, no, hold on...let me have a look.”

“Be serious.”

“I am. What’s that tattoo about?”

“Which of the eleven are you talking about?”

“Eleven? Damn, I only see, what? One, two, three...seven of them.”

“And you want to keep it that way. If you were to see the wrong one, you would hate what happens.”

"This one, the guy pushing the rock up the slope.”

“That’s ‘Sisyphus.’ He was condemned by the Greek gods to roll a boulder up a hill, only to have it roll back down just before he could get it to the top. It’s symbolic for no hope.”

“Wow, your tats don’t grope around for metaphors, do they?”

“Their not all together...literal.”

“No?”

“Yet, this one is.”

“Which?”

“The one just below Sisyphus...the rope. What does that remind you of?”

“A noose?”

“Yep, it’s a noose. The Hangman’s noose and I love it when people ask me about it because usually when it’s revealed, that means I’m about to place someone under arrest. Now turn around slowly and put your hands on the wall.”

JJ makes sure that you kids get the USDA weekly recommended amount of Flash Fiction

http://purgatorian.blogspot.com/2006/07/flash-fiction-friday-44.html

The requisite was that the piece had to have these five words: 1)Rope 2)Dope 3)Grope 4)Hope 5)Slope


9 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Excellent. Keep going! I want to know about the arrest ... and the rest of the tatts.

Sun Jul 16, 03:33:00 AM PDT  
Blogger haahnster said...

My "inner child" is sooooo tempted to make a "tits for tatts" comment in response to Beth. Luckily, I have full control over my inner child at all times.

Sun Jul 16, 11:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger porchwise said...

I believe I would have required more information before I would have turned around and put my hands on the wall in a suana.

Sun Jul 16, 06:44:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Short but extremely illustrating. I love the “Wow, your tats don’t grope around for metaphors" lines. I have seen loads of tramp stamps that line describes purrfectly... I love how you phrase things.

~Calli~

Sun Jul 16, 07:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

heh heh- that was really nice work!

Mon Jul 17, 02:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger sweet trini said...

getting arrested in a sauna seems so wrong...
walk good.

Tue Jul 18, 03:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

Thanks, and not for a few months or so. I'm already mired in projects that I'm procrastinating on.

Haahnster,

My inner child runs rampant and is only kept in check by the Missus, who invites me to taste the back of her hand, when I get out of hand.

Tue Jul 18, 08:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Porch,

Aboslutely, I was going to put in another couple of lines about the tattoo that the suspect wouldn't have wanted to see. There would've been the holster, but I'm lazy and occupied with video crack...er, Dynasty Warriors 5.

Calli,

Thanks. I've seen many a tat and wondered what kind of story they could tell. Some of them were pretty clear, or so it seemed.

Tue Jul 18, 08:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

Thanks.

Trini,

"getting arrested in a sauna seems so wrong..."

Yeah, just like life, when you're nice and relaxed...

Tue Jul 18, 08:23:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home