Monday, December 11, 2006

Gah, That Damn Song Is Stuck In My Head

I bought the first season of "Entourage" and I'm about halfway through. It's good, but it's not "Deadwood," "The Wire" or "The Sopranos." My main problem with it so far is that they played "Poison" when they were at the L.A. club Prey and now I have that stupid song stuck in my head (to go with the Internet picture of her cookie and c-section scar). Dang, they just played a quick snippet of "Poison" at whatever they're now calling the TWA Dome in St. Louis.

Other things the house has watched recently on video...

Waist Deep, a decent effort by Vondie Curtis Hall. I was expecting big things from him after Gridlock'd. Then Glitter nearly killed his directing career and he was pushed into TV.

A Prarie Home Companion would've worked better as a play, as the odd, surrealistic moments didn't translate as well onscreen. It was not a fitting end for Robert Altman, he almost made Virginia Madsen boring and the movie never really turns the corner in terms of mediocrity.

The Thief Lord is one of Procrastinator Junior's favorite books and a good film for the seven to thirteen set, as well as for the entire family.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

How long before a band steals from you and names themselves Cookie Scar?

I was disappointed with A Prairie Home Companion and appreciated it more than enjoyed it.

Wed Dec 13, 02:28:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"How long before a band steals from you and names themselves Cookie Scar?"

Heh-heh-heh, oh man, Dale! That does it, I'm naming a character "C. Cookie Scar" after your joke.

Deep down, I believe that Altman figured that he had another five pictures left, or he would've steered Kellior and himself, into a more sincere and dedicated effort.

Wed Dec 13, 07:16:00 AM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

I think you're right Write. I'm so glad they gave him the big award last year even though in his case, it did sort of spell the end.

A blogging pal of mine recently did that movie quiz that was going around and you might enjoy checking it out. He wrote to Garrison Keillor about the Altman film while it was still in production and he wrote back.

Wed Dec 13, 06:24:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

If that was truly Garrison instead of Mr. Dell, that was good high comedy. I forgot about that award, didn't Hitch kick the bucket not too long after they gave him the congeniality Oscar as well?

That doesn't bode well for Peter O'Toole and Blake Edwards.

Wed Dec 13, 08:33:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

I tend to think he did write and get that reply from G.K. but then what do I know? I wrote a letter to Rohinton Mistry once and he wrote back although not in much detail. He then promptly lost the Booker Prize. I'm working through it.

Thu Dec 14, 06:52:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

Because if it was Kellior, I laughed at that more than any non-Rusty & Lefty-bit in "P.H.C."

"I wrote a letter to Rohinton Mistry once and he wrote back although not in much detail. He then promptly lost the Booker Prize. I'm working through it."

Cool and you can never blame yourself when it comes to accidentally cursing somebody and awards. That's out of everyone's hands except for those on a judging panel or that damn accounting firm that does the Academy Awards.

I have no idea who Mr. Mistry is, as "Such A Long Journey" is the only Shooting Gallery film that I didn't manage to see.

Thu Dec 14, 07:50:00 PM PST  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Write Procrastinator, what I posted in fact was my original letter and Keillor's reply. It's one of the funniest letters I ever got, and I was itching to find some way to put it into a post. Dale's meme gave me the opportunity to do so.

Thu Dec 14, 11:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

X Dell,

Welcome and thanks for stopping by. That letter is hilarious and thank you very much for sharing it with the world (Dale too). I'm going to throw a link up to it when I get a chance.

Fri Dec 15, 09:00:00 AM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

My favourites of Rohinton Mistry's books are A Fine Balance and Family Matters.

Fri Dec 15, 08:00:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Thanks Dale. After reading brief summaries of each, I think I'll check out "Family Matters" the next time I hit the used book stores. I know I will certainly buy "Such A Long Journey" because Om Puri never picks a bad project.

Sat Dec 16, 01:18:00 PM PST  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i don't know ANY of those...

Sun Dec 17, 06:55:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home