Sunday, December 03, 2006

On The Tip Of My Tongue

I know what I want but I just dont know
How to, go about gettin it
Feeling sweet feeling
Drops from my fingers, fingers
Manic depression is catchin my soul

Jimi Hendrix "Manic Depression"

Lately, both with my writing and my blog, I've had this enthusiasm boiling in me, but I have nothing to write about and no focus. I played quasi-hooky and took Friday off. The Missus desperately needed sleep, but I could've gone to work. The idea was for me to get a whole script done before the end of the month for a particular contest, but after staring at the screen and everything else in the apartment like Barton Fink, I just gave up and played video games.

Nasty stuff, that writer's block.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

Writer's block does suck.

Now I have that John Hiatt song, "Tip of my Tongue" stuck in my head. It's definitely a good one to get lodged there.

Sun Dec 03, 07:41:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

Doesn't it, though?

I've never even heard Hiatt, maybe it's time.

Sun Dec 03, 08:25:00 PM PST  
Blogger Cup said...

Sometimes you gotta ... um ... procrastinate.

Mon Dec 04, 12:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

it is indeed, bubbie, but you will get past it. give yourself a break. the magic will come. it will flow like a menses :--0.

don't hate me.

snatch day from hell.

Mon Dec 04, 03:44:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

Absolutely.

Katie,

Um, if it did, what, um, hygiene product would I use???

Mon Dec 04, 04:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger BeckEye said...

By the way, you never verified if you got the "800 word essay on what not to do at a stop light" reference. It's from a Spongebob episode, and one I assume you're familiar with..."Procrastination."

Wed Dec 06, 01:54:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

If you said "right, Mr. Squarepants?" I might've.

I thought your reference pertained to you chewing out the cab drivers in the NYC (remember that one?).

Wed Dec 06, 05:36:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home