Friday, March 30, 2007

After A Marathon, My Jungs Are Gasping For Air

I am glad that my writing has turned the corner recently, because, quite frankly, I am lacking in the dream department. My dreams have been pedestrian in every sense of the word. I spend most of them traveling from one place to another, usually on foot. I am always in search of an item, that is more often than not, food.

The locations/settings have been more boring than usual as well. They are usually a mix of San Francisco and the surrounding suburbs, sometimes there's a little Yosemite or Europe thrown in, but very little. No fantastic flying machines, magnificent futuristic cities or green space chicks from Star Trek.

One dream that stood out in its mediocrity, was when I spent the better part of four hours, trying to get a doughnut. That's pretty much it. There's was no conflict, other than someone/something would take the doughnut away and I didn't have enough sense to eat the damn thing as soon as I had it in my hands.

Contrast that with real life, where the nearest gas station some eight blocks away, has doughnuts twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. As a matter of fact, I believe that that some of those doughnuts have been there for the better part of a decade now, and they just sit there, rejected. I have no way of knowing, since the cashiers watch them like hawks, as if the parent corporation instructs them to make sure that no one marks the doughnuts, and the ruse of "fresh" doughnuts can go on.

Now, I don't feel that I'm lacking much, other than my family outside of my immediate household and money. I'm fairly happy most of the time and when I experience lows, they are not significant in their gravity.

The point of such a long journey, Rohinton Mistry? I don't know. I do know that I am far from refreshed when I wake up and I wake up even more tired than going into it. I do know that I have to deal with sleeping as I do with food shopping, I don't do it while hungry. Because as you know, if you go food shopping while you are hungry, that's when you're more susceptible to impulse buying.

For all of you Freudians and Jungians? It was lightly glazed and jelly-filled.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

You'd think your brain would have the decency to at least show you some of the manga-licious dreams you're living, as in the post below this one. Loved that.

Sat Mar 31, 06:35:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home