Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Dream Of Significance?

Finally, I had a non-pedestrian dream that didn't involve me on some aimless journey to obtain some foodstuffs. In this dream, I was talking to George Clooney...yes, I know that's not what you would do with him all the Ladies and a few Gentlemen, but, hey.

So, I was in line at a store, talking to George Clooney about movies and in specific, those he had produced with Steven Soderbergh. Now they weren't the actual films, but in dreams, real logic is thrown out the window and replaced with one altogether, ersatz. The beauty of this dream is that I was nervous and that the conversation flowed rather nicely. He was even joking about some of these McGuffin films bombing and though I believe George has been smart with his money, I don't believe that anyone's ego or bank account at that level, would be so caviler.

One of the comediennes from Best Week ever joined in with us and she was wearing a California Highway Patrol uniform. I can't remember which one she was and why the hell do they air that show in what seems like only twice a week? VH-1 has become the "I Love New York" channel.

George and I crossed the street without paying for whatever we were standing in line for, not like we took anything with us or anyone. That's a damn shame, somewhere there's a comedienne in a Highway Patrol uniform asking David Byrne, "well, how did I get here?"

Again, with ersatz dream logic, I'm asking George what would be the best way to go about pitching a screenplay to Steven, instead of pitching it to him.

He's actually humoring me as we walk into a gift shop, he wants to get a gift for a friend who is a little down. He tells me Soderbergh's quirks and whatnot, while he picks out some lowkey jewelry and now it occurs to me that we are in Chinatown, Jake. Like I'd ever go to Chinatown, there's no parking and you can get the same food on Clement and Irving Streets.

Then, he's trying to find the best card to go with this necklace. There are all kinds of novelty cards, I point to a group of them that in ersatz dream logic, have little jokes about Kennoc listed as a rhubarb that is threatening to overrun Canada, like kudzu did the South. Of course as always with dreams, just as he is about to give me an answer how best to approack Steven Soderbergh, I wake up.

Dreams tease, they may give you great hints or point you in the right direction, but they will never give you the answers. Just like comedians and cartoonists have joked for decades about where missing socks go, somewhere, there is a place where all the answers that were never discovered in dreams, lie waiting.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

That's quite a bit of detail for a dream, in my book. I have these dreams that seem to go on & on, but as soon as I try to put them into words, I'm lost. Bravo.

Fri Apr 13, 07:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

As my boys sang, "Dreams they complicate [complement] my life."

Fabulous dream, BTW. And don't you realize we all want to do Clooney not only because he's damn beautiful ... but because we all know the pre- and post-conversation would be fab?

Fri Apr 13, 10:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

w-peaser, I totally disagree! you got your answer. there is so much insight in that dream. it's a sign. you must gather your thoughts and write them down with fervor and passion and then submit them to sodeish asap. capisce?

Fri Apr 13, 04:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger BeckEye said...

My hairdresser told me once that I reminded him of Melissa Rauch, one of those VH1 comediennes. And I'm still waiting for them to hire me.

The last celebrity dream I had was about the Finn brothers. I dreamed that I was at some club, and met them both and ended up making out heavily with Tim. It's strange because I've always been more of a Neil girl, although I'll admit that Tim is probably the better looking one.

Fri Apr 13, 04:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Coaster,

Well, it helped that I was in a fairly lucid state as Nature had just recently called: "Hey, Procrastinator, I'm racing to Leakey falls with Zinjanthropus and you know you don't want to come in last." So, my sleep wasn't as deep as usual.

As a contrast, I can't quite remember what I dreamed today, though I tend to remember more detial, if the dream holds interest. That was the Reader's Digest version, the actual dream much more interesting to me.

Beth,

Thanks and "conversation???" Can he make you a sandwich, afterwards? No, I imagine he would be fascinating in person.

Katie-lah,

The Missus said the same, go fig.

Becka,

You should start an off-Broadway play called the "American Idol Dialogues," VH-1 would have no choice. Of course, marrying Johnny T would get you show a hellva lot faster.

That's cool about the Finn Brother dream and attraction in dreams has more to do with what the subconscious wants, so Neil should have no fear of actual sibling rivalry.

Fri Apr 13, 05:18:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home