Saturday, April 07, 2007

A Song For The Departed

No, not for the deceased nor for the movie. Search this blog for "Scorsese" for stuff pertinent to that.

No, I'm talking about two people departing these parts for others. This reminded me of a song way, way back in the day, that came out when I was born, and that I haven't heard since I was about nine. It was called, "Everyone's Gone To the Moon" and I've always believed (incorrectly) that it was an Otis Redding song.

Coaster and Dale have gone to England. I'd say "lucky bastards" except that:

A) The weather is horrid this time of year, even when the sun comes out.
B) The exchange rate favors the Pound.
C) Knowing Tony Blair, after getting his ass handed to him by the Iranians, he'll keep Coaster and Dale there, for fifteen days. Just make himself look tough again.

Hang in there, you two. Don't get too large off of pints and Indian take-away, and for our sake, don't let Tony Blair use you for propaganda purposes...or porpoises.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Check your weather network WP, it's been so damned warm and sunny -- honest! I've bought short sleeve shirts and am contemplating shorts.

And if Tony needs us to stay, so be it!

Coming over? Pick up Chelene and a few others, it'll be a blast.

Mon Apr 09, 01:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Dale,

Well, get everyone to drive on the correct side of the road and I'm there! Because the weather and the fact that I don't like to drive right-handed, is the only thing keeping me from moving there.

I know Chelene will want to go, just because it is so cold, Back East right now.

Mon Apr 09, 08:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Will you be happy to know that the weather was PERFECT the entire time that I was there, while it was 30 degrees in New York? (And that would be fahrenheit....)

Wed Apr 11, 02:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Coaster!

Welcome back to this side of the pond. Ah, God bless global warming, eh? We're hovering on a drought year in these parts, after getting soaked for two winters straight.

Wed Apr 11, 08:04:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home