Saturday, April 21, 2007

I've Been Linked

Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

Me: Dang, I wish I could get all geeked up about nothing.

Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - "Johnson, Navin R.!" I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

Me: Yeah, well, I've been linked by Melinda June.

Navin slumps like a puppet whose strings have been cut and the air goes out of him like a balloon on a barbed wire fence.

Me: Oh...and when you are through crying? I'd stay away from those oil cans.

3 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

mwaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha... i've never had my name in the phone book, does that mean i'm still short a connection?

Sun Apr 22, 06:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

Heh-heh, nooo! Check this out The Jerk.

Sun Apr 22, 12:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

You're somebody now!

And does that phone book gag ever get old? I think not.

Tue Apr 24, 05:53:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home