Friday, April 13, 2007

Stupid-stition

I ain't superstitious, Rod Stewart...


...well, yeah, I am, but my superstitions are sports-related. I am not superstitious when it comes to Friday the 13th and today was simply a cross-sample of the usual. Things that should not be attributed to bad luck, but to the usual inattentive, bad city drivers and people acting inconsiderate or stupid.

So I ordered dinner to go at two different restaurants, because Procrastinator Junior is still no fan of Vietnamese cuisine. Then I went to the ATM and the machine took my card...

...said that it was "going out of service" and it left out just enough of the card sticking out for me to grab it with my fingernails...

...then as I tried to grab my card, the ATM swallowed it up again...

...then it pushed it back out. Did I say "back out?" I meant to say, "back and down."

Right below the roller feed and below the slot that you feed the card into...

and below the ATM, itself.

I went to the bank door, which the bank had just closed of course. No problem, I know one of the bankers and he came to the door. I explained the situation and he tried to get it out, to no avail. Long story short, he said to come back tomorrow at 9AM and he'll give me another.

He's a nice guy and that's why I didn't light into him about how that wouldn't put dinner on the table. That and I don't want Procrastinator Junior to see me yelling at people for things that are not their fault...not to mention I don't want to become that very asshole that I abhor.

I do have a tendency to go Mr. Hyde when I'm hungry though.

I had to go home and get the Missus to buy dinner.

Superstition or not, this is a dark day in U.S. history, Ladies and Gentlemen.

The King of Take Out is dead...

Long live the Queen of Take Out.

8 Comments:

Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Wow. I live in fear of those ATM machines that take your card inside, which is why, I think, most machines are now just swipseys.

This talk of Vietnamese food has me hungry now. Thanks.

Sat Apr 14, 07:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger chelene said...

Ugh! I totally agree with CP, I hate those ATMs. I try to avoid them if possible but I'm sorry that happened to you.

Vietnamese? Delicious! I think Procrastinator Jr. will grow into it.

Sat Apr 14, 10:08:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Coaster,

I'd just use the swipseys and whatnot, but it makes it easier for me to keep track of my money if I pay for things in cash.

"This talk of Vietnamese food has me hungry now. Thanks."

You're welcome ; )

This was my adventure last Summer on my way to my spot

Sat Apr 14, 11:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chelene,

I hope so, he has the most American tastes of anyone in the family.

Sat Apr 14, 11:06:00 AM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i loathe atm's! at least someone could pay for your food... i woulda hated for you to go hungry!

Sun Apr 15, 07:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

I couldn't in good conscious, ask my banker for the dough (he knows I make more than him, only until he gets promoted) and the bank was closed. I'm glad I had options, my bloodsugar was low.

Sun Apr 15, 08:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Ok, the car story totally cracked me up. I'm assuming no one was hurt. And yes, P. Jr. will surely develop a taste for the Eastern side of the planet one of these days.

Sun Apr 15, 09:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Coaster,

No, no one was hurt, auto or ATM-wise. Other than garlic and barbecue sause, Procrastinator Junior is no fat of spices. His taste is heightened in the wrong way, he can tell you when a ketchup has too much paprika.

Mon Apr 16, 08:51:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home