Friday, May 25, 2007

Cleaning Out My Email Box

From the oldest to the most recent...

The inspirational quotes from the Creative Screenwriting Weekly Letter from May 4th.

"A blank page is God's way of showing you how hard it is to be God." – Anonymous

Sounds like a Cameron Crowe quote that I posted way back in the day...

Are you a writer? If so, you understand procrastination. I believe Cameron Crowe said, " no one faces the blank page like a writer."

"A writer ought to comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable." – Mark Twain

Yahoo sends me little screenwriting and script-related links that are published around the world. In this one a certain director contemplates his inner-Shirley MacLaine and sending his material to Bob Dylan.

Then there's the inspirational quotes from the Creative Screenwriting Weekly Letter for May 18th

"Read, read, read. Read everything - trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window." – William Faulkner

"Writing is pretty crummy on the nerves." – Paul Theroux

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Fellow Georgian Flannery O'Connor uttered my favorite writer's quote: Everywhere I go, I'm asked if I think the universities stifle writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a best seller that could have been prevented by a good teacher.

Fri May 25, 07:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

She really would've gone off in this era of the disposable airport gift shop thrillers.

Sat May 26, 06:06:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only a writer can sit for hours seemingly doing nothing but staring off at the distance and claim he is busy working

Sat May 26, 08:33:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dale said...

Is it considered writing if you publish quotes? :-)

Sat May 26, 10:28:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Todd,

I have to change my profile as it seems now, your wife is the most patient woman in the world.

Dale,

Hey, hey, I'm working here!

Honest.

Either I cull things and post them, or I can't blog. Something's got to give, Jack Nicholson.

Sat May 26, 05:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i dunno if i could handle getting those types of emails... and i write for fun!

Sun May 27, 09:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

It would help if you read them at work for a little respite.

Sun May 27, 08:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dale said...

I'm only here to make everyone else seem nicer. You can quote me.

Mon May 28, 05:22:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home