Friday, December 21, 2007

Do You See What I See? Or, "Britain, WTF?"

So a couple of days ago, I was reading Quin's blog and...

"The other new fad over here is to stick your holiday tree out of the side of your house at a 45 degree angle and decorate it.

I don't know why, but, it's done.

It seems it would be hard to put your presents there, but, that's what glue guns are for, I reckon."

Then call the following post, "pudding," 'cause their goes your proof, Joe Jackson. It's good thing Paul Revere didn't see this back in the day, he would've said "meh, they're coming? Big whoop."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger quin browne said...

this week, i discovered they have created marmite potato chips.

why?

Sun Dec 23, 02:03:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quin,

Allow me to quote Mike Myers from "So I Married An Axe Murderer," when Nancy Travis asked him if he actually liked haggis-

"No, I think it's repellent in every way. In fact, I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare."

Britain is not that much further south from Scotland, obviously in geographic terms, but of course I am talking about cuisines.

All of my life, I've wondered just why do they spend all that time in their gardens, just to boil their veggies to mush.

As the French have allowed themselves to be influenced by the Italians, you would think that the English would allow some French culinary techiques into their mainstream cuisine.

"this week, i discovered they have created marmite potato chips. why?"

No doubt the next stage will be "marmoset crisps." Yet, that is why their comedy is superior to ours, because otherwise? They would go mad.

Sun Dec 23, 05:02:00 PM PST  
Blogger quin browne said...

ha!

actually, their roast potatoes make me want to sing 'santa baby' over and over... if you know what i mean.

;)

Wed Dec 26, 10:49:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quin,

That good, eh?

Wed Dec 26, 01:09:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home