Friday, February 22, 2008

Princess Ladybug and Wendy's Meme

This meme from Princess Ladybug via Wendy is fairly straight forward and fun.

Instructions: For each of the following, search Google Images and post your favorite pic. To make things easier, the meme questions are in red and numbered.

1. Where I grew up:


The closest I could get to the old neighborhood is this pic and I looked at dozens of pictures. The denizens of the web are discriminating on the less photogenic side of the canyon. For almost the first fifteen years of my life, I lived beyond those trees at the top left hand corner.

2. Where I live now:

Rather than take a new photo, I recycled this one and yes, the branches are gone. As a matter of fact, they cut into my President's Day sleep when they trimmed these trees.
3. My name:


No, my name is not "flower." My name is too distinct to give you a clue beyond this and it's rare enough that people will bother from my past will bother me if they see it on the web.

4. My Grandmother's name:


No, my grandmother wasn't Nora Charles. She was a "Myrna," however. Oh...and uh, JJ is my father. No, not literally.
5. My favorite food:

My favorite food is pasta and if I had to eat it prepared a certain every day, it would be with pesto alla Genovese, or "pasta with pesto" as it is called in America. Pesto means "paste" in Italian and Genovese is in the Genoan-style.

6. My favorite drink:


I love this stuff, though I can't afford to drink it everyday, let alone more than twice a week. It's a nice occasional drink and if I made more money...

7. My favorite smell:


Um, since this is mixed company, let's go with food and damn if I don't love the smell of steak.
So there it is. I'll keep the tagging to a minimum and tag the last two people who tagged me, Quin and Johnny Dollars.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger chelene said...

I really wanted you to say the branches were still there so I could gloat about how I had a (teeny tiny) street flood but you still had a tree on your sidewalk months later.

Fri Feb 22, 07:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger quin browne said...

i'll do this, but, first i have to tell you...

when i was born, the doctor told my dad he had a little girl, who looked just like myrna loy!

only a baby...

you get the idea.


i wish he'd been right.

Fri Feb 22, 08:07:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chelene,

I think that they were there for almost a whole week. The junkies and bums however, are ever present.

Quin,

That's a lot to live up to and I wonder if Miss Loy had the same problem as Archibald Leach did when he said, "wow, that Cary Grant. Boy, I'd sure like to be him."

Sat Feb 23, 01:26:00 AM PST  
Blogger Tanya Espanya said...

This is a good meem.

Sun Feb 24, 08:19:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Tanya,

You should try it.

Sun Feb 24, 09:20:00 PM PST  
Blogger Patchwork said...

OK. JJ scares me. He calls people's comments "Erudite Inanities" and says he will shoot whoever reads his profile.

You so didn't answer this meme, cheating all willy nilly.

I have a toothache - I don't really know what that has to do with anything.

Mon Feb 25, 06:36:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Bridget,

"OK. JJ scares me. He calls people's comments "Erudite Inanities" and says he will shoot whoever reads his profile."

Ask Angel about him or better yet, read all of the Friday Flash Fictions he created. The man maybe a curmudgeon, but he changed my writing perspecitve and style for the better. I will be eternally grateful to the man.

"You so didn't answer this meme, cheating all willy nilly."

Um, just two answers and the last one is in line with the PG-13 rating of this blog. God forbid that one of my many nieces, nephews or Procrastinator Junior should read it.

"I have a toothache - I don't really know what that has to do with anything."

Just keeping us offguard, I'd imagine ; )

Mon Feb 25, 08:01:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez I always thought pesto = basil paste

Acai drink - interesting. i think we have the palm tree (Euterpe oleracea) here but nobody is using them. expensive or becoz cost of marketing is expensive?

i remember when hawaii noni juice first appear in the market, it caused quite a stir here. needless to say - it's terribly expensive. but now that people know how to prepare these locally, they have began buying fruits & making the juice themselves.

Mon Feb 25, 09:05:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Slurp,

"Geez I always thought pesto = basil paste"

Not just basil paste, but olive oil, a cheese that is preferably pecorino (that's sheep's cheese, similar to Parmesan), and the ingredient that I wish they wouldn't put in it, mashed pine nuts.

Acai will catch on over in Singapore, mark my words. Though Noni juice still eludes most Mainlanders. Acai is high in anti-oxidants.

Mon Feb 25, 09:28:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home