Sunday, April 20, 2008

Taggage Baggage

Just when I think I'm going to settle down to a nice morning of writing, Bad Tempered Zombie tagged Gifted Typist, who in turn tagged me.

Barbara said-

This is a link meme, whereby you link five of your favourite sites and then tag five others to do the same.

I don't read the papers as much as I used since the whole Iraq debacle kicked off, but I do have to keep up with local events and that's what the Internet is for.

SF Metroblogs and SFist help me do just that. They also feature links to other blogs and sites that cover San Francisco, so the two blogs pretty much cover everything in that aspect.

A prime example is this, which I saw this guy get pulled over. Most of the time I can only describe these incidents to you, but somebody is always quicker with the camera or camera phone than me.

If I have just a little free time and I don't want to involved by reading one of the regular blogs that I do, I hop on over to Paper Cuts, a book blog by the New York Times. It's updated about four or five times a week and there is usually a mini-interview with an author or someone in the publishing field. You don't need to register for the NY Times to read it either.

The Rap Sheet has everything you need to know about crime books and writing. Stuff and interviews with authors. Books and DVDs that are coming out, as well as the conventions.

Free Translation is where I go for quick decipherings and little things to throw into the blog. What, you didn't think I really spoke Spanish, did you? I can read a few languages, but I can barely order a burrito in Spanish and if the counter person deviates just a little bit from the normal patter or questions, I spontaneously combust.


Now, I don't tag because then people feel bad when they don't respond. So, consider this an open tag and if you feel like doing this? Put a link in the comment section and I'll post it up here.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Gifted Typist said...

Now wonder the SF Chronicle just laid off a bunch of workers. Everyone is heading out to blog world to get their news.
Thanks for playing WP

Sun Apr 20, 01:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Gifted,

Thanks for tagging me.

The death of the Chronicle has been the increased commute of people in the Bay Area, as they have moved out into the Central Valley and view of them should be reading the paper while they are driving.

Not to mention the increased presence of the San Jose Mercury News/Oakland Tribune/Contra Costa Times triumvirate. Ironically enough, the three of them joining forces was the worst thing that could've happened to the Mercury News, as it has decreased ad revenue overall, and "forced" them to use scab labor (bastard managers!) and lay off as many people as possible.

Sun Apr 20, 05:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Joe said...

Cool links! I especially like that Rap Sheet site. Thank you!

Mon Apr 21, 08:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Bubs,

I'm glad you dig it. That's the best site outside of Bill Crider's Pop Blog, Duane's Secret Dead Blog or Sarah Weinman's Confessions to find good crime books.

Mon Apr 21, 09:01:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Richard said...

Cormac, thanks for the thanks :-) Glad you find the SF Metblog useful and fun (I hope).

Wed Apr 30, 04:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Richard,

Welcome to this dusty corner of the web and yes, I do fun SF Metblog not just informative, but fun as well.

Wed Apr 30, 08:28:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home