Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'll Be Here All Week (rimshot)...

...uh, yeah, because it's my blog. All apologies if someone else has used that line already, I am on automatic pilot this week.

First, I gets no love from Technorati. I've posted twice on Cormac Writes and they won't update it. Granted that they were minor mini-posts, but posts nonetheless.

My birthday is coming up soon and you don't have to send me a card or buy me a thing. All I'm asking for is a link to http://cormacwrites.blogspot.com/

It would mean a lot.

Second, do you remember back in nursery school/Kindergarten/elementary/grade school where there was always that one kid who would eat anything to get attention? You know what I mean. Paste, paper, gum, boogers, worms, and God knows what else, because I usually got bored and walked away after the worms.

Well, a certain channel gave that kid a show and other than the above pic, I'm not going to mention the channel or the show, because quite frankly, I'm sick of the guy just from the commercials that they run over a hundred times a day (literally every commercial break!). This guy is just running with one aspect of a show that used to be on MTV, minus someone getting pummeled in the head or kicked in the nuts.

Maybe that should change...though I still wouldn't watch the show, but I'd somehow feel better if he was writhing on the ground.

Last, but not least. For a solid three weeks, I was getting over a dozen hits a day from the Philippines for "lyrics by procrastinator sandwich."

To wit, "wha?"


Apparently there's a song called "Procrastinator Sandwich" and no, sadly, the song does not involve me, Julianne Moore and Salma Hayek.

You gotta run don't walk, it's really late
When you get off the train, meet me at the gate
You gotta push don't shove
Get it out of the way
Don't wait any longer, do it today

Chorus: You can count on me
I'm gonna get it done, get it done
Before the night segues to day
Before the city wakes
Before the rooster shakes
Before the icing hits the cake
We gotta operate

You gotta glide, don't slip
Get your balance right
Ride with the wind, it's a beautiful sight
You gotta skip, don't jump
The little bumps on the way
Don't let it get to you, don't listen to what they say

(Repeat Chorus)

You gotta squeeze, don't pull
Hold that grip steady
You know it's all lining up
You can never be ready
You gotta seek don't hide
Don't sit and wait
'Cause it may pass you by
And it'll be too late

(Repeat Chorus)

Hey hey! (3x)Procrastinator Sandwich

You gotta run don't walk, it's really late
When you get off the train, meet me at the gate
You gotta push don't shove
Get it out of the way
Don't wait any longer, do it today

Chorus: You can count on me
I'm gonna get it done, get it done
Before the night segues to day
Before the city wakes
Before the rooster shakes
Before the icing hits the cake
We gotta operate

You gotta glide, don't slip
Get your balance right
Ride with the wind, it's a beautiful sight
You gotta skip, don't jump
The little bumps on the way
Don't let it get to you, don't listen to what they say

(Repeat Chorus)

You gotta squeeze, don't pull
Hold that grip steady
You know it's all lining up
You can never be ready
You gotta seek don't hide
Don't sit and wait
'Cause it may pass you by
And it'll be too late

(Repeat Chorus)

Hey hey! (3x)


Um, what's Tagalog for "I'm not feeling it?"

15 Comments:

Blogger Gifted Typist said...

I've linked to Cormac Writes. I have a soft spot for writers, especially those with a nice collection of rejection letters.
I have 92.

Thu Apr 10, 04:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Gifted,

Thank you very much, you are a real sweetheart!

"I have 92."

That is the badge of honor, I'd proudly wear.

Thu Apr 10, 05:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger quin browne said...

now i know we're related...


....you have less rhythm than i do... and i have five children.


stop singing, and i'll do the link already.

sheesh.

Thu Apr 10, 08:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quin,

Now hold on Baby Sis, I wasn't responsible for that tune and I have plenty of rhythm. I can play a desk like the ghost of John Bonham, just ask anyone who went to high school with me.

I can dance too...



...kinda.

Thu Apr 10, 08:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quin,

Sorry, I forgot to say thanks for the link : )

Thu Apr 10, 08:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

I'll link ol' Cormac this weekend ... if you give me the exact date of your earthly publication.

Fri Apr 11, 09:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger is that so wrong? said...

Technorati, too, has left me to the wolves. If "authority" means anything, suddenly I'm losing it. Why is that exactly? Are people deactivating me on their links? What a cruel blog world this is.

Fri Apr 11, 11:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Tanya Espanya said...

Just a regular link in my blogroll or a separate post with added blah blah blah?

Fri Apr 11, 01:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Tanya Espanya said...

I forgot to add that I admire anyone who has even one rejection letter because that means they did something with their The Thing (that's what I call my 'book' I've been working on for 5 years).

GT, you have 92. I bow to you 92 times, you fabulous gal!

I hope to get one someday...but I guess that means actually finishing The Thing...grrr...stupid brain...

:)

Fri Apr 11, 01:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

Thanks, but you, Katie, and Princess Ladybug were some of the few to ever link that site. Speaking of which, you'll have to go over there to find out the exact day.

ITSW,

It is truly a cruel blog world. Everyone has to "repost" their links for them to count, as they seem to purge the "authority" every couple of months or so. I'm overdue to update everyone in the links myself, as five kind people in the Blogosphere have done for me.

Tanya,

Just a regular slot in the link section is all that I'm asking, please and thank you.

"I hope to get one someday...but I guess that means actually finishing The Thing...grrr...stupid brain..."

Good luck with Alexander and completing that novel. I didn't get my first screenplay done until Junior was five and it took another four years for me to realize that that particular script sucked rotten eggs.

Fri Apr 11, 05:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger chelene said...

I'll link this weekend. Promise.

Fri Apr 11, 08:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dale said...

I done linked you and honest, I meant to before. Happy upcoming birthday!

Sat Apr 12, 12:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chelene,

And I promise to thank you. No actually, I'll thank you now with a DAG (David Allen Grier)-esque version of "Dreamin'."

Wheennn the lights go dowwwwwwn
...and I'm holding you so tight


Dale,

Thank you and thank you.

Sat Apr 12, 01:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

Love the title. Your birthday is MONDAY. EVERYONE, CORMAC'S B-DAY IS MONDAY.

Moving along...

I remember that kid. Ewwww- He was also the "pull my finger" fart guy. What an ass.

Sat Apr 12, 04:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie-lah,


SHHHHHHH! Let me enjoy the day in peace. Pay no attention to the Yenta Blogger behind the curtain. She doesn't mean Monday, she means Tuesday.

Yeah, flatulence and bug-eating for attention do go hand-in-hand.

Sat Apr 12, 10:56:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home