Monday, April 14, 2008

Slappy Mirthday

On this day in history...

In 1865, Abraham Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theater.
In 1912, the H.M.S. Titanic struck an iceberg.
In 1965, on the centennial of the Lincoln shooting, I was born.

Draw your own conclusions.

Sure, bad things like to happen on my birthday, but they reach their nadir the following day. The Titanic sunk and Lincoln passed on the fifteenth. Must I mention Tax Day? Which is the main reason everyone forgets my birthday (uh, yeah, that's it).

Let us look at some famous people who were born on this day...

Sarah Michelle Gellar. I never got into "Buffy," though she wins massive points in my book, for doing spots on "Robot Chicken."

Anthony Michael Hall. Well, I wouldn't exactly cross a room for an autograph from either of these two.

Ritchie Blackmore. Oh, hells (sic) yeah! Deep Purple! Rainbow! The best metal guitarist of the 70's that wasn't named "Van Halen." Now I'm all geeked up! He is talented, mercurial and he perfected firing band members halfway through the tour.



Procrastinator Junior masterminded this set-up. The letters in this pic are a little washed out from the flash, but this shows how creative he is and much he cares.
So, play "Long Live Rock & Roll," "All Night Long" or "Smoke On The Water" for me today...and fire everyone in your band for no good reason. It's the Aries/Blackmore/Procrastinator Way!
P.S. Oh, I forgot that Pete Rose was also born today, though believe me when I say that no one would ever call me "Charlie Hustle."

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slappy Mirthday to you!

I will wrestle the Deep Purple away from Son 1 to listen to Smoke OTW, and I will throw in a viewing of "16 Candles" for Anthony M. Hall at his Hughsian best.

The Baroness decrees: Eat lots of cake, and laugh heartily.

Mon Apr 14, 07:48:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very festive and magical birthday to you. May you get more than a case of the clap and a cold sore.

Mon Apr 14, 07:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Some Guy said...

Have a great one, WP!

Mon Apr 14, 09:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUBBALAH!!! I love what the fruit of your loins did. It's fabulous!

Wishing you a beautiful celebration today and a fabulous year.

Mon Apr 14, 09:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Baroness,

Why, thank you , milady!

"Eat lots of cake, and laugh heartily."

I would except, unbeknownst to me, apparently I just got a case of the clap and a cold sore. So my appetite is somewhat curtailed and laughter has escaped me.

Catherinette,

"A very festive and magical birthday to you."

Why thank you!

"May you get more than a case of the clap and a cold sore."

Oh, oh, will I get raspberry mojito or seven, to dampen the sting of that double threat?

Chris,

Thank you much.

Sincerely,

Brown Lightning

Katie-lah,

A sheynem dank and wasn't that the best? He gets that talent from his mom.

Mon Apr 14, 10:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger quin browne said...

for your birthday, i give you our margaret's secret life.


happy birthday!

Mon Apr 14, 11:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Joe said...

HAPPY F#%$*&G BIRTHDAY MY MAN!

(I was throwing powerful metal devil horns up with both hands as I yelled that out to you.)

Mon Apr 14, 12:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Happy birthday!

Mon Apr 14, 02:35:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, W-P !!! And many more !!!

WOW -- that photo makes our kitchen look so CLEAN :)

Luv,
The Ol' Ball & Chain

Mon Apr 14, 03:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Quin,

Quoting-

"Oh you...

just...

you."

I am overjoyed and thanks, that is a truly wonderful present!

Bubs,

Thank you very much, though I'd be happier if you and the boys down at the station would "spice up" some clowns with a little pepper spray, it would make my birthday that much better ; )

Becky,

A road birthday greeting, thank you! That is truly an honor and give Pat Benatar all my best.

Honey,

Thank you and good composition works as well as any special effect.

Mon Apr 14, 05:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Creepy said...

Happy birthday, and thanks for bringing to my attention I don't have any Rainbow since I lost all my vinyl in a flood. Or Deep Purple. Screw me.

Mon Apr 14, 06:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Creepy,

Thanks for the greeting and for coming by!

I lost all of my vinyl to mold and it kills me, because some of that stuff was rare when it was released and a lot of it was never issued on another format.

I bought "Machine Head" for Procrastinator Junior on CD, but I miss my "Best of Rainbow" import that had all the hits before Joe Lynn Turner. They want something like $40 for it on Amazon, new or used.

Tue Apr 15, 12:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Gifted Typist said...

A very happy birthday to you Write Pro. You are in good company.
The only person I share a b'day with is Linda Carter, you know, Wonder Woman.

Tue Apr 15, 11:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Gifted,

"A very happy birthday to you Write Pro. You are in good company."

Thank you very much!

"The only person I share a b'day with is Linda Carter, you know, Wonder Woman."

(drooling)


(drooling)


Cn't tyyyyyyyyypppppeeee...

Tue Apr 15, 02:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

now this is a cool birthday post!!!

Tue Apr 15, 11:13:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Angel,

Thank you very much.

Wed Apr 16, 07:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger chelene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

(so sorry I'm late, I wasn't clicking around blogworld like I should have been the last couple of days)

Wed Apr 16, 06:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chelene,

Thank you and I understand, my blog has bored you to tears and has become virtual Sominex to you. I'll try to add some George Clooney pics or something, to win you back.

Wed Apr 16, 07:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger chelene said...

Pfft. I'm just lazy, dude. :)

Thu Apr 17, 06:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chelene,

It stands to reason that if this blog has an "A" game, the stands would be filled.

Thu Apr 17, 08:20:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home