Sunday, May 18, 2008

Even More Action And The Temple of Boom!

First on today's double bill? Katie Schwartz enters the Second Chamber of Astonishing Adventures Magazine Offices and interviews editor Katherine Tomlinson; a woman as beautiful and deadly as she edits.

Next? Johnny Dollars continues Splotchy's meme and not everything seems to be of this world-

Stepping down the ramp to the tarmac, the humid air smacked me in the face look a hat dish towel. My loud Hawaiian shirt, brown Bermudas and straw hat assisted my pasty skin in screaming ”tourist” to any who might notice me. I was just heading toward the doors to the baggage terminal when I heard the faint whistling from the air above.

Shielding my eyes from the white intensity of the Florida sun, I could just pick out five black specks high in the sky coming from the direction of Elgin Air Force base.

The flight-paths for the specks were all wrong for any aircraft or missile the base might possibly have in their inventory. Damn it, I haven’t even had a chance to get a decent drink yet.

“Henry Lemon” is the cover name for the Agency and the Agency has their fingers into everything the NSA, FBI, CIA, and every other alphabet can’t handle. “Opportunities and riches abound here!” is standard for code for “enemy incursion.”

“I know that I can trust you to keep this in confidence, but if you somehow have changed since the time we saved each others lives? Know that there is far more money to be made than what is in this envelope.” This means we have alien invaders again taking over the brains of human beings – again.

“Now, get down here as soon as you can. I need a good and loyal man, that I know will have my back” is pretty self-evident and just means to get my ass moving.

“Rosebud,” No sooner had I whispered the codeword than my cybernetic implants activated and my forearms opened to reveal the mini-rail guns held within. A quadriplegic since a landmine have me apart in Afghanistan, the Agency had rebuilt me with all kinds of sweet boys-toys.

The specks have covered a lot of territory by now and I could see they were five men wearing Thaitana rocket packs and were bristling with all sort of weapons modules. I hate Thaitana MindSlugs and their human hosts. You can’t get the little bastards out without twenty hours of microsurgery and a hell of a lot of prayer.

These poor soldiers just became expendable.

Twisting around, my first burst of fire rupture the wing fuel tanks in the plane I just arrived it. The resulting fireball incinerates two of the rocket men, but it also kills the flight crew and a dozen passengers. Their families will get wonderful letters explaining that they were killed defending their country.

Danger, chills, excitement, and all this for the price of popcorn!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have been moving for two days and I wrote that when I was exhausted - much like this moment.

OMG, I must have struck my head on a sharp object. What a mess.

I need sleep.

J

Sun May 18, 08:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

I don't think that it's William Holden at all. It's a little out of left field, but I dug it.

Mon May 19, 07:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Joe said...

I liked it! A touch of Burroughs maybe?

Mon May 19, 09:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Bubs,

I had no reference point when I saw this comment in my email box this morning and my first thought was, "does he mean William?"

Wed May 21, 07:35:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home