Friday, March 31, 2006

One Decade For My Big Boy

So, ten years ago, last night, the Missus and I sat down to bed. I had the TV on the local PBS channel and they had on "Life With Father" http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0039566/ with this actor who looks remarkably like this guy http://purgatorian.blogspot.com/ It was the first film that I saw William Powell without a martini in hand, Myrna Loy or a terrier.

At any rate, the Missus was already asleep and I was caressing her hair and her ears. I grazed her lobe and noticed that something was different, she still had her earrings on. I twisted one of them and she zoomed out of the room like a comet.

Now at this point I should mention something, she was nine months pregnant, but I don't think she touched the ground more than three times on the way to the bathroom. The only other time I've seen a woman that "big" move so fast, is when a woman at work who weighs about 190 lbs. skedaddled when she saw a mouse. I asked the Missus what was wrong several times, and after a few seconds, she exclaimed that her water broke.

A little more than nine hours and two trips to the hospital later, a little version of me came into the world. Not only did he look just like me, he put off coming into the world for a few days...that's right, he procrastinated. Huh? Huh? How about that? A chip off the old block.

So some fifteen days later, came my birthday and we didn't have a lot of money. So the Missus gave me a nice little book and she apologized that she couldn't afford to buy me anything more elaborate. I told her that she gave me the best present of all and that nothing before or after in my life could ever top our son, even a Ferrari.

Right now as I type this, he's mastering his brand new cell phone
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Detail.aspx?class=prepaid&device
=42ac3835-5e5f-46cb-8833-116b0ded9e84
and it's scary how the technological curve does not effect him at all. Combine that with the brains and artistic ability he gets from his mom and he should go on to change the world.

So a Happy Birthday to my Big Boy and to ten decades more. I never did see that movie though.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

yay procrastinator junior!!! 10-years-old, very exciting!!!! mazel tov, bubbie!!!!

Sat Apr 01, 09:27:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

A sheynem dank, Katie!

Sat Apr 01, 03:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger ScriptWeaver said...

His birthday is on March 31st?

If so, that just happens to be my birthday! And Christopher Walken's! So yes, he WILL be weird one day!

Tue Apr 04, 10:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

You, Scriptweaver, are part cantaloupe!

Seriously, you too, huh? Wow, and Walken! We Aries are taking over the world or least our hair is more vertical than the other Zodiac signs.

Wed Apr 05, 06:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

A-thank ya

Fri Apr 07, 11:59:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home