Thursday, March 30, 2006

Random Musings, Bruising & Aloe-scented Soothings #6

Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion

Put a sock in it, Ms. Lennox. Let’s try this instead...

Black hole sun

Won’t you come
And wash away the rain

Black hole sun
Won’t you come
Won’t you come

Excuse me while I go Seattle-stir crazy again and finish up my ark. This will be the wettest March on record, ever, for San Francisco...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/03/29/
BAGUCHVJV11.DTL&hw=Rain+March&sn=001&sc=1000

The one consolation prize is that the pollen is constantly being washed away.


To those that drive to the front and side of me, see that thing to the left of your steering wheel? It’s called a “turn signal,” it lets people know which direction you intend to go. Go ahead, you can use it, it won’t blow your car up, honest. If your car was wired to explode, the person doing it would wire the explosive to the ignition instead because you have to start your car, to get it going. Obviously, you who believe your fellow drives to be psychic, don't have to use your turn signal because you got your license out of a Cracker Jack box.

This wondrous invention gives people fair warning when you are going to cut across two or three traffic lanes on the road and when you’re going to change lanes wholesale, on the freeway.



Mr. C dropped by on his way to church to give me back a book that I leant him a few years ago. He also gave me a DVD copy of his short film “Gentle Lovers.” His picture conjures up the 1930s in terms of beautiful black and white photography, as well as the comedy of manners among the affluent and he tops it off with an unexpected ending for a romantic comedy.


How exactly does someone become “full of piss and vinegar?”

Yeah, uh, bartender? I’ll have a pitcher of Coors and a balsamic chaser.


I’ve mentioned her before, still, I’ll mention her again. Liz Hickock has done a wonderful job of capturing the modern San Francisco, a city that has gone soft. I mean literally and so does she, it’s just two different interpretations because she uses Jello as her medium
http://www.lizhickok.com/portfolio2.html

She has three shows coming up, so if you miss one, you can see the other
http://www.lizhickok.com/upcoming.html

The best will be on April Fool’s Day but it’s no joke. You will get to see San Francisco shimmy yet again, gelatin-style...
http://www.exploratorium.org/faultline/public.html

This time CNN won’t show simulcast a shot from a helicopter ala Loma Prieta. Circling the same damn building on fire, over and over again so that the world thinks San Francisco has gone the way of ancient Pompeii.



My refrigerator http://www.cafepress.com/scriptweaver.49600900
and I look good http://www.cafepress.com/scriptweaver.49115289 in our Fubar Gear, yo!


The Car just passed the 5,554 mark. I don't know how to import a digital-style number font, but if you look at a digital odometer upside down, you get "hsss."

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

Mmmmmmm.....Chris Cornell. I bet he uses his turn signal. He's hot and considerate.

Thu Mar 30, 05:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger ScriptWeaver said...

You are officially the first person in the universe to own FuBar Films merchandise! Thanks again!

Once I stop spending money on this short, maybe I can have some too!

Thu Mar 30, 05:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

And what about you? Has Jersey and Manhattan traffic taken away your ability to use the turn signal? It's awfully hard to steer, give the bird and throw your change into the scoop on the turnpike, simultaneously.

S.W.

Cool, I'm an iconoclast! If the "Fubu" in Fubu Wear means "for us, by us," then Fubar Wear should be marketed as "for screenwriters, by screenwriters."

Thu Mar 30, 08:45:00 PM PST  
Blogger ScriptWeaver said...

FsBs?

Not sure how you pronounce that, but it sure is a lot cleaner than FuBar!

Fri Mar 31, 08:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Yeah, that's why "Fubar" is so much better and it actually describes the condition of the script, once it is produced.

Fri Mar 31, 11:35:00 PM PST  
Blogger BeckEye said...

I drive like a complete asshole now. I HAVE TO. You can't get anywhere around here unless you do. I hate it, but I have to do it. I'm looking forward to going back home to visit so I can drive like a normal person, if only for a little while.

Sun Apr 02, 07:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

I guessed as much. The only place in the world that makes Parisians, Romans and Demolition Derby Drivers, blanch.

When we make our annual trek to Manhattan, we cab it or take the subway. I won't drive on Long Island or Manhattan, but I'll drive like a cab driver without fear and pure testosterone in San Francisco.

There's a different rhythmn to driving back east.

Mon Apr 03, 06:47:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home