Sunday, March 26, 2006

F.F.F. #30 or "In The Purple and Gray Morning..."

In the purple and gray morning...I type.

In the purple and gray morning...I see the colors of a writer's manic depression.

The purple reflects the warmth that I feel when the words are just right. In the warm lavender I see the rare elation of self-satisfaction that has been visiting me less and less, with each passing day.

In the gray, I see the fog that has been clouding my mind and that has kept me from finding my voice. In the gray, I see the all too familiar color of a mind burning out and feeding upon itself. In the gray, my conscious mind becomes the worst enemy of all and self-doubt does more damage than all of my antagonists and enemies put together.

Yet, hopefully today, the sun will rise with an even greater warmth and with it, maybe the dark gray will fade.


JJ's Friday's Flash Fiction Challenge

7 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

that's beautiful!!!! so fucking true.

Sun Mar 26, 08:37:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Thank ya, thank ya.

Sun Mar 26, 05:45:00 PM PST  
Blogger James said...

Yes, I think you captured the writing life quite well with that one. Good job.

Mon Mar 27, 07:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger justacoolcat said...

Very nice visualization.

Good work.

Mon Mar 27, 08:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

James,

Thanks. Though you did a far better job of capturing my sex dreams of my early twenties with your Madonna piece.

Just Cool,

Thanks. I've still got the chills off of your story. It goes well with the weather up there and I'm waiting for Frances McDormand as Marge Gunderson to make a speech, but I guess as far as she was concerned, it was an "accident."

Wed Mar 29, 05:03:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just popping in, during a brief work break, since I haven't for a long while.
This reveals your true writing self. Nothing like a literary challenge to bring out the best in you.
Keep those kind of impactful words flowing, okay?
Good wishes, G.L.

Thu Mar 30, 11:43:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Thank you G, I'm only following your example : )

Thu Mar 30, 08:38:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home