Sunday, September 24, 2006

Friends Don't Let Friends Blog While Watching Football

First, from the weekly newsletter of Creative Screenwriting...

"The challenge of screenwriting is to say much in little and then take half of that little out and still preserve an effect of leisure and natural movement." –
Raymond Chandler

"A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer." –
Karl Kraus


Second, friends don't let friends blog while watching football. I was emailing Katie, while all along I should get off my lazy ass and just download some IM software. There I was responding to an email, while firing off another email and watching Notre Dame get trounced by the Spartans (ND eventually pulled out the victory and that's why they play four quarters). Gian Don posted a joke...

I hate when a production company tells you that they like you, but they send a picture of a completely different production company. When you finally go to their offices you find out they faked you out and you're both disappointed.Production companies on MySpace do that all the time.

I thought, "damn, I'd like to make it that far. I wonder what a prodco office looks like...Charlie Weiss, you dumb ass! A "Cover Two" only works if you have the safeties for it! Oh, God, and they extended your contract??? They're going to break the flag out again and dance around it!"

So I typed this up while shaking my fist at the TV and thinking of my next response to Katie...

I haven't gotten as far as a bait and switch company, consider yourself fortunate (in an odd way) to make it that far.

I wasn't trying to be a snit about it, but that's how I came across. His joke was a producer variation on the fifty year-old man posing as a seventeen year-old girl and I missed it. All my apologies, Gian Don. Mi dispiaci. A slight apology to Coach Weiss, good adjustment and way to pull it out, Brady Quinn.


As to all the ladies and gents who read this blog, this is what I was talking about. I am not a multi-tasker, but I try to be anyway. With blogging, I can't quite achieve the level of concentration that I have when I write and this is also why I've never really tried to be a paper-pusher.

If someone were to ask me if the doughnuts in the conference room were still fresh, while I was typing up a contract? I would staple them to the bulletin board in the breakroom. The advantage would be by the end of that work day, I would've gotten a lot work done, as everyone on that floor would be stapled or silent in feared of being stapled. Of course, the downside would
be that be the last day I worked at that company as I would be fired, in jail or a combination thereof.

I will try and cut down on the football and concentrate a little more on the blogging.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

wp, I like this multi-tasking. I think you should consider sticking with it. it's unpredictible.

Sun Sep 24, 10:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Gian Don,

"Don't worry bout it."

Okay, I won't.

"wp, I like this multi-tasking. I think you should consider sticking with it. it's unpredictible."

Eh, I'm not a fan. The results are mixed at best.

Sun Sep 24, 06:32:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home