Friday, September 22, 2006

Why I Don't Blog As Often, Revised

First, I'm sorry Becka, it wasn't a conscious thing and the Missus will tell you that I can be as unconscious as hell sometimes. I owe Becka for the post and if anyone should bring Sexy back, it's her

http://thepopeye.blogspot.com/

Pardon me ladies and gentlemen, I feel like a real shit.

The rest of the post, as it was...

Here's the thing, it's football season. More than likely, football season for you, is that you watch one, maybe two games all weekend. Then you might watch Monday Night Football if it's the home team or a team that you kind of like. For me? No way. Football season means to me, the Thursday night college game on ESPN for at least two quarters. Two or three college games on Saturday. The Niner game, plus all the highlights, and then Sunday Night Football on NBC.

Then I watch most of the highlights on the Sportscenter recap on Monday morning, as well as Cold Pizza on ESPN 2. Plus, at least two quarters of Monday Night Football, minimum. That's just my viewing habits alone. I read a minimum of five football-related articles a day, seven days a week. That translates to me either forgoing at least five blogs a day, or me not blogging at all.

Since I've been more of a reactive writer, than an active writer, I'd prefer to comment or lurk on on other people's blogs, than come up with a post that's basically nothing more than a link to someone else's site.

The remaining spare time should be spent on the family and writing.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Rand said...

Wow, you watch a lot of Football. Oh, here come the flashbacks of my college roommate. Ah, those glorious days when we measured seasons by what sports were on TV.

Fri Sep 22, 11:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger BeckEye said...

I ain't mad atcha. You know I like you because I let you call me Becka. Normally that's the kind of thing that would invoke my Irish temper.

And I'm sure I wasn't the first person to tell Justin that sexy "never went away."

Fri Sep 22, 01:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Okay, so now I understand why you know EVERYTHING about NFL football and are so informed when you comment on my blog.

Maybe I need to consult you re: my fantasy football team. My league is making fun of me.

::pout::

Of course I warned them that I don't know ANYTHING about NFL except for Cowboys, so bah, humbug on 'em.

Fri Sep 22, 03:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Rand,

All things considered, that's not a lot of football. Look at an avid fan who watches Futbol, the NHL, MLB, or the NHL, and it comes out to the same amount of time over the course of a season.

Fri Sep 22, 05:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"I ain't mad atcha. You know I like you because I let you call me Becka."

Then why haven't you corrected me after all this time? ; )

"And I'm sure I wasn't the first person to tell Justin that sexy "never went away."

Like I said, I wasn't trying to do that intentionally and again, I apologize.

Fri Sep 22, 05:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Pooks,

Ask away, but be aware that I'm no better than anyone else at predictions, my best season was about 72% and that's before free agency became what it was. Plus, I never get the spread right, just the straight up win-loss guesses.

"Of course I warned them that I don't know ANYTHING about NFL except for Cowboys, so bah, humbug on 'em."

You have to know you opponents, too. Of course, unlike me, you probably spend the time that could be devoted to watching your opponents, on screenplays.

Fri Sep 22, 05:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

I posted a comment about this but I guess it didn't show up. cause I's know you's wouldn't delete the heeblette ... would you?

I feel much better about your hiatus now. more prepared even. the snippet you opened with a few days ago hardly prepared your loyal fans for your extended time off.

I can live with this choice, wp. I'm NOT THRILLED ABOUT IT, but I can live with it.

OOOHKKKAY, enough ball busting.

schwartz

Sat Sep 23, 05:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home