Sunday, September 24, 2006

This Guy Knows His Television

Let me say this and hopefully I won't draw the wrath of the Missus, but Virginia Madsen is an angel. She is heavenly, she has that angelic glow and anyone who knows me, will tell you that I don't even like blondes, but Virginia? So I'm a bit biased, because I would watch any show that had Virginia in it. As a matter of fact, we need to start a Virginia Madsen Channel, 24 hours a day, seven days a week of nothing but one of the greatest actresses to grace both the silver and small screens.

You say that there isn't enough films in her catalog to support that much programming? Well, then we could have cameras showing Virginia eating, Virginia sleeping, Virginia getting dressed...


...nevermind, I've just been hit with a "cease-and-desist" order, as well as a temporary restraining order.

At any rate, like I said, I'm not the most biased guy about these things, but this guy is. Is That So Wrong got me hip to this new show called Smith. It stars Ray Liotta, Simon Baker, Chis Bauer, Amy Smart, and the one whose name I can no longer legally mention. John Wells of "ER" fame, is the showrunner. So you know that the first season will have at the very least, a consistent quality and cliffhangers. The show so far, has more twists and turns than most will be able to figure out, and I bet it would've even kept Hitchcock guessing.

I didn't even recognize Jonny Lee Miller until thirty minutes into the thing. I guess that's what happens when you divorce Angelina Jolie and your career didn't build enough Stateside momentum.

13 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

wp, you are so funny! I always appreciae ocd admissions.

Sun Sep 24, 10:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

ps::: I'm noticing even with football season in full swing, you are in fact blogging.

THANK YOU :)

Sun Sep 24, 10:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Rand said...

No doubt, Virgina Madsen is a babe. Don't worry about raising the ire of the missus though. It's healthy several times a week.

Sun Sep 24, 11:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger barista brat said...

i always wondered why virginia madsen wasn't more popular.

when i was a little girl i saw her in a horribly low budget film about three roommates who went out clubbing. i think it was called 'modern girls' and it had a young daphne zuniga and that girl from fame. i always remember virginia madsen from that because even though the movie was bad she was so memorable.

man - i think i'm going to have to put 'modern girls' on my tivo cue now.

Sun Sep 24, 11:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

Just here and there.

Rand,

It's not healthy in this household, my head is not as resilient as it used to be.

Barista,

I have to wonder who she ticked off and I know that if it wasn't for "Sideways," she'd be stuck in the casting rut known as the "Mommy Ghetto."

You can do that with Tivo??? Cool, I got to get with the 21st Century.

Sun Sep 24, 06:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it will be interesting how they will sustain the main character as the Bad Guy. I know The Sopranos can do it on cable, but in Prime Time? I love the concept though

Mon Sep 25, 05:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"it will be interesting how they will sustain the main character as the Bad Guy. I know The Sopranos can do it on cable, but in Prime Time? I love the concept though"

Excellent point, Quill. You have to wonder in this political climate, if the sponsors (and consequently, CBS) would give in to pressure from people that would never watch a show like this or people that would use it a convienent scapegoat.

Mon Sep 25, 10:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger BeckEye said...

The first time I saw her was in an HBO movie called "Long Gone." That's when I developed my huge crush on William Petersen. But I thought she sure was purty.

Mon Sep 25, 01:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mister Mxyzptlk said...

I think your VM obsession has you thinking sideways.

Mon Sep 25, 09:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cup said...

So, it's worth a watch? What night? Which Bat channel?

Tue Sep 26, 10:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Becka,

I've never seen it, I've got to look that up. The first time I saw her was "Slam Dance" and she's the only thing I remember about that film.

Mxyztplk,

Has me thinking "Syawedis?" (Superman reference, folks)

Beth,

Tuesdays at 10 PM on CBS.

Wed Sep 27, 10:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger is that so wrong? said...

The 2nd episode wasn't half bad, huh? Hopefully this show's a keeper. Also, I'm tired of idiotic reviewers completely misreading Virginia Madsen's character. Glad to know you've been hooked.... and I'm not talking about Virginia.

Thu Sep 28, 12:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"The 2nd episode wasn't half bad, huh?"

It's queued up in the VCR, I haven't had the chance to check it out yet.

"Hopefully this show's a keeper."

I believe so...

"Also, I'm tired of idiotic reviewers completely misreading Virginia Madsen's character."

I miss John Carman, but Tim Goodman doesn't do half a bad job for the Chronicle. I haven't read his review of "Smith" yet, because he tends to give away spoilers.

"Glad to know you've been hooked.... and I'm not talking about Virginia."

Thank you very much for turning me on to the show, I would've missed out and just groused about the new season.

Sat Sep 30, 08:30:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home