Friday, October 27, 2006

It Exists In Theory

So the Missus and I were having breakfast this morning, with Epicurious on the TV. Because I'm all Iraq war and baseballed out. As we are watching a recipe, an ingredient triggers me to question a common saying. It's a saying that has declined in usage, still you hear it often enough that it never seems to go out of style. This, despite the fact that I doubt that anyone has seen one in years.

Just like a UFO, I doubt anyone would admit to seeing one of these, yet they most certainly exist somewhere.



So I ask you, just where is this turnip truck that everyone denies falling off of?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Down yonder at Grandma's house. And how's yer mama 'n' them?

Fri Oct 27, 11:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger barista brat said...

haha, thanks for my morning laugh!

Fri Oct 27, 12:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger chelene said...

Once the South rises again you'll see them everywhere, I reckon.

Fri Oct 27, 12:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger zombie said...

I did a google image search for it...didn't really find anything, but I'm sure they are driving it around somewhere (the same "they" in the "They say 'insert random factoid here'" infamy)

Fri Oct 27, 01:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Beth,

L (gasping for air) O (still can't breathe) L!

Brat,

You're welcome.

Chelene,

As long as they play Wagner's "Die Walkure" as they swarm the country.

"I love the smell of bumpkins falling off the truck. It smells like...turnips."

Zombie,

Thanks for stopping by.

Damn, if Google can't find them, then they truly don't exist.

Fri Oct 27, 01:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

wise ass....


:)

Fri Oct 27, 02:11:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"wise ass.."

In the immortal words of my uncle, John Fitzgerald Procrastinator..."Ich ein bin wisenheimer!"

Sat Oct 28, 06:40:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home