Thursday, November 23, 2006

I Woke Up To The Strangest Sight This Turkey Day

The Missus was already up this morning, getting us ready to go to as we're going to some friends for Thanksgiving. I stumbled into my chair and turned the TV for the weather. I flipped it through the channels and there was the Joker on the Today Show. You're probably thinking, he was too sleepy and he was hallucinating, but there was the Joker on TV.

Not just on TV, the Joker was stuffing a turkey with huge, dark, pink gloves on. Not just with huge, dark pink gloves on, but with two of the biggest, gaudy diamond rings on those gloves, and a diamond braclet as well. Stuffing and turkey bits were getting on this jewlery, unsanitary as all hell and I doubt that the jewelery will ever be clean again. Is this what the Joker meant when he said, "wait'll they get a load of me?"

The Joker and two of the Today Show personalities were all stuffing turkeys and talking to the help operators at the Butterball Turkey company. I heard a familiar voice and I realized I wasn't dreaming at all, I figured out who the Joker was. Damn Joan, what the hell?

I could be wrong, but didn't she make fun of the "Lion Lady?" She's two more procedures away from looking her, herself.

Oh, jeez, where are my manners? Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

I didn't catch it. sounds super creepy. you know, when I was 11, I wanted to surprise my mother with dinner. so, I bought a chicken and called 411. they talked me through it and when my mother walked in, she asked me how the hell I made this delicious dinner and I matter-of-factly said, "I called 411."

it's a true story!

you can ask my mothah.

Thu Nov 23, 08:05:00 PM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

happy thanksgiving to you and the whole wp clan.

Thu Nov 23, 08:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Happy Thanksgiving, you joker.

By the way, I am an expert at celebrity voice recognition. One of those super-powers that will never get me anywhere, but I'm so proud of it. But come on, Joan Rivers is an easy one. You and I should have a celebrity voice guess-off sometime.

Thu Nov 23, 09:55:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Katie,

"I didn't catch it. sounds super creepy."

It was pretty surreal. That's cool that they indulged a child, I would guess that was during the pre-tape each and everything days. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family, too! I hope Louie was spoiled with a special dinner, as I did with my dog on Turkey Day and Christmas. Or in his case, twelve special days.

Becka,

I hope they show it on You Tube, as I caught it when the stuffing was going down. I can't imagine that Joan really shut up for any amount of time, so I can't say why I didn't recognize her voice at first. Sleepiness?

I will say that I am bad when celeberties are on the radio, but I can "spot" them in cartoons within a sentence. You're on.

Thu Nov 23, 11:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger chelene said...

The thing I like about her is that she admits to all the plastic surgery. The problem is that she's had way too much.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving despite the Face of Joan.

Fri Nov 24, 07:18:00 AM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Chelene,

"The thing I like about her is that she admits to all the plastic surgery."

Truly, though it would be hard to deny it.

"The problem is that she's had way too much."

I know that you being an NYC denizen, you know what the "Lion Lady" looks like. So the next time Joan pops on QVC or whichever shopping channel she pimps her stuff on, see if I'm not kidding.

The Michael Jackson nose that plastic surgeons are doling out is bad enough, but those weird cheek implants do not help at all. One hard sneeze and she's going to look like Yul Brenner at the end of the first "West World."

"Hope you had a great Thanksgiving despite the Face of Joan."

It was fantastic, as I am glad that your's was too, from the word of your blog. I'm sorry that you have to work today, that's just so wrong, halfday or not.

Fri Nov 24, 09:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger chelene said...

Oh, the cheek implants! They make everyone look like squirrels with nuts in their mouths. Poor Joan. She's not Lion Lady yet she's quicly approaching Hello Kitty.

Fri Nov 24, 02:29:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home