Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm Getting Tagged More Than The Slow Kid At School

And by that, I mean physically slow. Gian Don has tagged me to show just what's on my desk. Unfortunately Blogger won't let me upload and that's why you never see jpegs on my blog. I had a really cool vidcap from Ong-bak where Tony Jaa's pants are on fire. I was going to compare myself to that picture by telling a tall tale about Harvey Keitel and me, fighting for Lorraine Bracco's honor using those little plastic swords that they use for olive martinis.

So I have to do this radio style and channel what only The Shadow knows. The newer computer (not the laptop) is on a leaf to the main desk. On top of the computer is two McAfee boxes and behind the monitor is a can of air, as well as a half empty box of Post-its. In front of the printer is a Border's postcard that says a particular book is out of stock. I'm keeping it for the ISBN number and there's a sheet with rate ads for Creative Screenwriting, for the shop.

On the real desk is the old computer which really needs to go, my
Olympus VN-240, various CDs, floppies, revised script pages, and entirely too much dust. I don't keep my tchotchkes anywhere near my desk, because I'm paranoid that anything magnetic will erase the computers. Above the desk is a good luck faux jade dragon that the Missus gave me, set inside faux wood dragons.

This meme has shown me that I am the Anti-Pooks and that there is no organization in this house, only chaos. I'd make getting the desks organizied a New Year's resolution, but resolutions are for TVs, digital cameras and monitors.


So at any rate, let me tag Dani, again (heh-heh-heh). Mr. Mxy and Gizmo, 'cause I'm curious as to what curios they will have.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Eric Riback said...

OK, you got me. I'll have something up in a couple of days. So now we're into photojournalism, Blogger permitting?

Sun Dec 17, 08:14:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Eric,

Take your time, I realize this can take longer than most memes. Man, I wish Blogger would let me throw the jpegs up. I've got some beauts from Yosemite and the Marin Headlands.

Sun Dec 17, 08:40:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric Riback said...

OK, WP, now we have an issue. ISBN stands for International Standard Book Number, so you have written, in effect, International Standard Book Number Number.

Don't feel bad, everyone does it (except me).

Sun Dec 17, 09:47:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jenna said...

This is fun! :)

Mon Dec 18, 07:39:00 AM PST  
Blogger Katie Schwartz said...

wp, very nice desk. love the paranoia. I have my own desknoias, so I completely relate.

Mon Dec 18, 04:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Eric,

"ISBN stands for International Standard Book Number, so you have written, in effect, International Standard Book Number Number.

Don't feel bad, everyone does it (except me)."

Let me get a friend of mine to mediate this. He's a NFL referee and his name is Joe Fishal...

Joe: Upon further review, Eric's call is correct as there is no actual number at all, but a title that is needed as there are three books of similar titles that cause confusion. Write Procrastinator will be assessed a ten yard penalty and lose a time out.

Mon Dec 18, 07:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Gizmo,

Glad you like it and I'm looking forward to your meme.

Katie,

"I have my own desknoias, so I completely relate."

Of all the phobias, desknoias tend to be the most realistic.

Mon Dec 18, 07:51:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home